“Overnight stay well worth it !”

Courtyard Rock Hill
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
LANCASTER, NY
“Overnight stay well worth it !”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here on the way to Florida. Wow, it was so nice, clean, soft beds, pretty. The pool and hot tub were a nice treat after our long ride. The breakfast the next day we should have skipped. Pancakes that were sitting too long on the buffet area, yuk. But overall great hotel to stay at !!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ottawa
Reviewed April 5, 2009

This is a nice hotel with spacious and clean rooms. The only poor thing was the quality of the towels - thin and rough. Should be better for the price they charge. Also, the coffee in the lobby area was basically water - worst I have had in a long time.

We chose this place as there is an Outback next door and after a long day of driving we didn't want to get in the car again and look for a restaurant. Not much else in the area as it is a bit removed from the shopping malls etc.

The front desk check in staff were pleasant and friendly.

Overall we were happy with this choice for an overnight stop.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I must say...I didn't expect much. HOWEVER...from the moment that I checked in (Stephanie was more than welcoming) until the moment that I requested a wake-up call (just a bit ago)...the whole experience has be wonderful.
Before I go any farther...if you are looking for a negative, here it is - the sound proofing between my ceiling and the next floor (as well as through the door for the adjoining room) was poor. I ran the air conditioner to cover the noise from the movie next door and the family upstairs,
THAT SAID!!!!!
I am a PICKY traveler. If I pay for a Shangri La suite, I expect to be treated as such. If I back-pack in with crud on my shoes,,,well...I accept what I get.
So...I bid a price on this room that was competitive with the rates of nearby hotels in a lower class....I figured that if I got the room it would be "okay" at best.
I got the room. Oh my GOSH!!! The hotel has (actually is in the process of being) upgraded. The lobby is still 1990. However, the rooms are amazing. Bigger????No. What they have done is to reconfigure the rooms based on feng shui principles. The colors and arrangements of furniture make you think that you are in a San Francisco boutique hotel.
As I alluded to ...my (priceline) room was small. BUT...it was so relaxing.
They have an indoor pool that was the perfect temperature...as was the hot tub/spa (note that there was some "dirt"...(I think it was probably rust from an old light fixture) in the bottom of the hot tub. )
All in all...I hate to turn others on to this place...the price may go up!!!! But the staff and the company deserve kudos for making a very special place out of the usual "courtyard" facilities.
I hope I can get a room here at the price I bid the next time I returen. If not......................I may acutally consider paying the asking price.

• Liked — the new room decor
  • Disliked — the lack of a free continental breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Florida
Reviewed October 26, 2007

The room we ordered and the only reason we stopped there was not available. Then I had to haggle with them on a price adjustment because I was not getting the room I ordered. The room did not smell pleasant. The TV picture is poor. The $8 breakfast is what you would expect from a mass produced system, nothing spectacular and definitely not worth paying for. The next morning when we left they asked how are stay was and I told them what I thought. They at least discounted the room again. Location is this place's biggest upside and they have wireless. Beware when getting of the ramp of 77 N. It's one of those triple exits with other ramps coming on at the same time, very retarded.

Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 29, 2007

The Courtyard was clean, comfortable and quiet. However, it is not the quality that I am accustomed to from a Courtyard.

The place is clean, but well worn, and in my opinion, overpriced for a motel of its' age. The carpet is well worn. The tile in my bathroom
was broken and missing a lot of grout.

No parking lot security and there were some vehicles broken into during our stay. I'm not sure how the management handled the situation, since they were not part of our group.

Ice machine did not work on the second floor; you had to walk down to
the first or upstairs to get ice.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — run down and over priced
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
IRVINE
Reviewed January 17, 2007

Conveniently located next to I-77, this hotel is next door to an Outback Steakhouse and nearby Denny's. Typical Courtyard quality, with only one gripe... the front doors are not automated doors. It was a struggle pulling the hotel luggage cart up a small incline and then trying to open a door and pull it through. I rarely find a single complaint with Marriott hotels, but that one experience is stuck in my mind and has left me wondering why this franchise owner has never improved that experience... first impressions count.

Otherwise, my week long stay was very pleasant. This is a very clean and well maintained hotel, with comfortable rooms and a nice leather desk chair. Two exits to the south on I-77 (about a 5 minute drive) is the local mall along with plenty of dining choices, and local colleges and Winthrop University are 10 minutes or less away. The hotel location is only 15 minutes away from south Charlotte. I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 25, 2006

Before I talk about the indoor pool that was closed on day one and then never heated the next 2 days and the movies that wouldn't work and the staff who didn't seem to care and the elevator that was very slow and actually shut down while I was in it and the room they gave me being at a lower standard than the one I was confirmed for, I need to tell you about my experience with billing.
I was using Rewards Points for this stay so I should have only paid $12 for breakfast. I got my receipt and my 20,000 points were taken out of my account and I went home happy to forget the worst hotel stay I've ever had. Until I found out my bank account had $330 taken out of it and after 2 days dealing with customer service reps who condescended, insulted and ultimately lied to me (she promised me she would refund it immediately and when I called back later to find out where it was my case file says she told me I couldn't have it for 5 business days). Did you know that if you stay at a Marriott property that Marriott takes no direct responsibility for you? If the hotel itself doesn't care, then you are stuck. The manager here is very unresponsive and hard to get and the Marriott corporate customer service refuses to escalate you and refuses to consider any special policy. They can take your money out unauthorized very quickly but they can't return it fast. And they have a strict policy of never refunding overdraft fees that they caused!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member