“Nice for a Quick Stay (Accessible Room)”

Courtyard Rock Hill
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Nice for a Quick Stay (Accessible Room)”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here during a quick stay in the Charlotte area. Location-wise, it's a bit of a distance from Uptown Charlotte, but the trip up I-77 isn't bad at all. Don't let the location scare you. The room was quite nice. Currently, I require a wheelchair accessible room, and the room we received was perfect. There was ample space to maneuver the chair around the room. The bathroom had plenty of grab bars and already included the shower chair. The shower had both a standing shower head and a hand-held version for use in the shower chair. The cleanliness of the room was great. It smelled clean, and looked clean. We did, however, notice a bit of mold on the ceiling in the bathroom - nothing to be scared of. But, a bit of a wipe could take care of it. Staff-wise, they're very friendly. Very welcoming and accommodating. And the breakfast crew was awesome! We'd definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim M
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Proximus,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate it! We are so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your handicap needs. We know how difficult it can be to travel to different places when handicapped and are so happy that you felt at ease. On a different note, I will speak to our housekeeping manager and make sure that all of the bathroom ceilings are double checked for mold and/or dust. We apologize that you saw this, but appreciate the head's up. Complete guest satisfaction and cleanliness is our number one priority.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill!

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

About the only thing that was good at this location was the front desk help. We were traveling with our 11 year old son so we got the king bed with fold out couch. The room was small and ill-arranged, when we folded out the couch it was touching the base of the king bed, I literally had to crawl across the bed to get to my side of the bed. We changed rooms the second night and had basically same design but we had about 2 feet between the end of the bed and the sofa bed which was better. The package of covers for the bed was missing the sheets so we had to call the front deck to get them to bring some up to us at about 11:00 PM. The buffet breakfast was just okay, certainly not worth the $10.00 per person. Much better breakfast's were to be had close to the property for less money. The convenience was not worth it. skipped it the second day. The pool had an excessive amount of chlorine in it, our son's eyes were red and hurt for a few hours after swimming, he chose not to swim again during our 3 night stay.
As the rating indicates, we were disappointed with the hotel and would drive 20 more minutes and found a better Marriott property or would have checked out the County Inn and Suites or Hampton that was located within a few minutes of where we stayed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear LoganC,

I hope you are doing well in Atlanta! On behalf of the entire Courtyard by Marriott team, we appreciate your opinioned review, and we sincerely apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations during your visit with us. Our management team and owners stay 100% committed to continually enhancing all aspects of our hotel.

We apologize that you were disappointed with how our king rooms are set up, but this is a Marriott standard to have the sofa beds at the end of bed. We suggest to our guests that need extra room to reserve our Queen/Queen rooms or our Executive King Suites. Also, we currently have a "Stay for Breakfast" rate that is available for just $1 more than our regular rate. Please be sure to take advantage of the offer should you decide to give us another chance!

In regards to our pool, I apologize to hear that your son's eyes were hurting after swimming. If your son opened his eyes under the water or got water in his eyes, please know that this is the body's natural response to chlorine. The tear film that is on our eyes is washed away and the chlorine is seen as a foreign object to the eye. The result is red eyes and irritation as well as temporary blurriness, resulting from swelling of the cornea. Depending on the length of exposure to the chlorinated water, these symptoms can go away quickly as the eye's tear film returns to normal. I can assure you that we test the pool's chemicals daily and the chlorine is regulated automatically through our pool's computer system. We recommend swimming with goggles or having eye drops on hand after swimming to help eliminate the problem.

If you do decide to visit us again, I please ask that you contact me directly as it will be my pleasure to personally coordinate your stay with us to ensure your complete guest satisfaction. Until then, take care!

Katie.Register@marriot.com
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had made reservations to stay here as I have stayed here previously, and unexpectedly, I showed up a day early, and they took it in stride, great staff, great place to stay. The location is very handy, and the outback restaurant across the street is a plus. Hotel parking is plentiful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear nukefixer,

Hope all is well in Virginia! Thank you for taking the time to share your great experiences at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill with other travelers.

As usual, we remain 100% committed to complete guest satisfaction, and we are happy to hear that this is what you encountered!

We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yours In Hospitality,

Erin Thomson
erin.thomson@marriott.com
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The common areas of this property are nice and inviting. An outside courtyard has ample seating and a gas fire pit. This is a older hotel but has been remodeled and maintained fairly well. The pool is actually inside the hotel and next to the gym. This seems to create a humid environment in some of the rooms. Several hotel rooms in the property are very stuffy and appear to be an irritant to anyone susceptible to respiratory issues. We had a large group, multiple rooms and most felt the same. Nice property, great service, convenient location but some rooms have poor air quality.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 10Shirt
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear 10Shirt,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Rock Hill. On behalf of the entire Courtyard by Marriott team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Just to update you on the humid environment... SC is known for its dreadful humidity in the summer months. We do everything we can to ensure that our rooms have the cleanest and purest air possible with special air purifiers and dehumidifiers placed throughout the hotel. This is effective for the majority of the time, but there are seldom days where the humidity is so bad the machines just cannot keep up!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stay here regularly. One night I got the room over the main entrance n second floor. Totally loud and smelled like smoke. The reason was people hang outside the front door and smoke and chat. Awful awful awful room. Told the guy at the desk in the morning and he copped a total attitude. What a jerk. This is the overnight guy. Clearly either sleep deprived or a jerk. I stay at townehome now because I don't like attitude. Even though courtyard is clearly nicer

Stayed July 2013
Dear NCPETE,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that our team member was not able to offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

Unfortunately, management was not given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here. We strive toward complete guest satisfaction and the unacceptable service you received is not typical of our staff here. We are completely dedicated to customer service and southern hospitality so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again so that I can personally set up your reservation. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way home and we were very impressed with the hotel. The staff was very friendly, everything seemed very new. The chocolate covered pretzel was a nice touch, but I think if they had freshly baked cookies like the Hampton, it would have been a better treat. Our room was very spacious with a fridge and microwave, which we utilized. The bathroom was quite large and very clean. The beds were very comfortable, something which is extremely important to my husband, as he has a bad back! They did not have a complimentary breakfast, but they did have a lovely bistro with yummy choices and reasonable prices. Outback Steakhouse was right across the parking lot, so my hubby and I walked over there for dinner before retiring for the night. The hotel has easy on and off access to I-77, which makes it very convenient. We travel quite a bit back and forth from Florida to New York, taking the same route and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen T,

We hope your travels back to sunny Florida were pleasant!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your pit stop home. On behalf of the entire Courtyard by Marriott team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your husband!

We hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Marriott properties quite a bit over the last 8 years and staying here has to be one of the worst Marriott experiences I have had. Had it not been late and at the end of a long day, I would have left. The room smelled strongly of mold and the temperature had to be in the high 50's - I could have hung meat in the room and been okay. My efforts to bring the temperature up to normal human conditions led to the discovery that the window unit was broken - it would not turn off. The decor, furniture, and everything in the room was old, run down, and dated. The white sink had a yello hue AND the toilet seat was broken. On a positive note, the room did appear to be clean and the lobby was nice. The maid-service-rapping-on-my-door-with-a-key was my unexpected alarm for the day. Not a good experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business