“Highly recommend”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Reservations made online allowed for quick check-in. A popcorn machine had freshly popped corn available for guests. Cleanliness appeared to be top priority. The upkeep was impressive. Rooms were spacious with plenty of pillows and comfortable mattresses. The decor was modern. My family enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. We gathered several times around the fire pit which provided a relief to the cool nights. My 12 yo granddaughter said it was the best hotel and she didn't want to leave. Parking was ample. The staff was professional and eager to please. The 10 mile drive to Carowinds was worth it. We happened upon a 20% off deal which made the value even sweeter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the great amenities the hotel has to offer. We hope to see you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
SC
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family of 4 spent a night here for a swim meet. Upon check-in we could not use our reward points, but the manager was very helpful and comp'ed our breakfast. Had he not, it would've been McDonald's. The food was much better at the Courtyard! The menu selection had something for everyone. My husband and I had oatmeal (not instant), our son had French toast, and our daughter had eggs, bacon and toast. They also have Starbucks which saved me a trip across the street.

The hotel is right next door to Outback, where we ate dinner the night before. We walked which was nice after sitting all day at a swim meet. There are several other restaurants nearby as well. We also drove down the road and biked/walked along the Riverwalk trails which were very nice.

The hotel is nice and comfy. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and I tried out the hot tub. It could've been a tad warmer. There is a small exercise room as well. The side doors require a room key to enter which helps with security. Our room was on the first floor. I'm sure we will be back there, and if so, I will request a second floor room as we could hear the people walking around above us at 11pm.

Our room was clean and our bed was comfortable (normally I don't sleep we'll the first night in a hotel, but that wasn't the case). My only complaint was that the kids slept on the sofa bed. Normally in hotels, sofa beds are a double. However, this one was a twin. My kids are tall and skinny, but they were sandwiched together uncomfortably. Next time I will bring a sleeping bag for one as there wasn't enough room for a rollaway bed. The other option was for my husband to sleep on the sofa bed and the kids with me in the king size bed.

The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. We are Marriott people and this was the only one in the area of the pool. We prefer Fairfield Inns as breakfast is free. However, we wouldn't have a problem eating breakfast here as it was made to order and good. We will stay here again, but now we know to bring extra bedding and request a 2nd floor room.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are in the area!
Ohio
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stopped at this hotel on our way to Hilton Head. Checked in at midnight, staff super friendly during check in. Hotel was safe clean and newly renovated with modern themes. Breakfast the next morning was terrific. Hot meal served to order at very reasonable prices. Would not think about staying anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed October 2012
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughtful and kind review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future! Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This Courtyard exceeded my expectations. It is what the Marriott brand should be.

Check-in was quick and welcoming.
The lobby area had a small place selling cold beverages, candy , and toiletry items.

There were 3 complimentary computers with large screen monitors. There was one dedicated computer for printing boarding passses.
The lobby also had complimentery tea and coffee 24/7.

As we made our way to the room we were impressed by the cleanliness of the hallways and the clean smell.

We booked a king room and were pleasantly surprised. The colors of gold and burgundy were relaxing.
It included a microwave, large mini refrigerator, coffeee maker with glass cups and mugs .
There was a desk , sofa , and small cocktail table in room, also. A recycle trash can was provided.

There was a small balcony with 2 chairs, did not utilize it as much as I would have liked but it was nice to check on the weather in the morning.

The sink area was small but had a ledge for extra space which was an added bonus. A full length mirror was on the wall which I thought was a nice touch.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kruzlady
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Kruzlady,

Thank you so much for writing such a thorough review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

We strive for excellence in guest satisfaction and are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was not expecting much based on some of the reviews here. However, I was pleasantly surprised. This property is older, but has been updated. It is clean, the Front Desk staff are so nice, and the beds/pillows are very comfortable. I will stay here again when I have business in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Beachgirl865
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area!
NJ
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Typical Courtyard. Nothing special....friendly staff, room and bathroom clean and fresh.

3 issues. First the desk was right next to the AC/Heat unit so you could not use it to cool (was in the 100s so needed the AC) the room if you were doing work at the desk. Next the internet, while fee, was worth less. Connection was weak, streaming was a no go and it kept needing to re connected. Lastly when it rained the window leaked so water did run down the wall. Note that the window is not near the bed. I did tell the staff and have no idea if it was fixed.

Breakfast not so good..

As I was there on business I did not pay but I was paying I would not return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share feedback on your stay. We appreciate the time you have taken and take our guests' comments with sincerity. I would like to update you on a couple of issues that you experienced. I have reported the issue you experienced with the internet. We haven't had any other complaints, but we may have developed a problem and will get a tech right out to test reception in that room. Also, every maintenance issue gets registered into our recovery system on site. I can assure you that the window has been fixed. We strive towards service excellence and take these issues seriously. I would appreciate it very much if you could email me your full name to katie.register@fowlerhospitality.com. We will use this to look up the room number that you stayed in so that we can launch an investigation. Thanks very much, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Columbus, OH
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We came Into town for a funeral.. Good experience, as we expected for the Marriott Courtyard brand. Easy to make reservations online. We missed breakfast because they stopped serving too early for us. Oh well! We would stay again . We like Courtyards.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EpicureanLawyer
, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were in town for a funeral, but happy to hear that we were able to make things a little easier on you. I apologize that our breakfast times did not suit your needs. It runs a little earlier on weekdays to accommodate the needs of the majority of our guests. The times are as follows:
Monday- Friday: 6:00am-9:30am
Saturday/Sunday: 6:30am-10:00am
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!