“Beware of the cover-up”

Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel has done an excellent job of renovating their front lobby to lure guests into staying the night. Once in the room the real picture is revealed. The walls have been repainted, the bathroom is moldy, has cracked tiles and ceilings. The room was very cold despite turning up the heater which constantly turned on and off all night long with no temperture change. Rooms are very small. We will not return and would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

I regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Nothing in this hotel has been "covered up". We certainly strive to accommodate all of our guests with maintaining our properties through constant upkeep and renovations. If there is a problem reported, it is our first priority to correct the issue. I invite you to stay with us again to see for yourself the changes we have made. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Hotel is conveniently located and the rate was very reasonable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel lobby and rooms looked to be recently refurbished but the bathroom fixtures are old and the pipes are a little noisy. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We would definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret A
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very conveniently located directly off the highway, just south of Charlotte. Updated lobby/lounge with mini-Starbucks. Rooms were superficially updated (i.e. flat screen TV's, duvets), but bathroom was old & a bit grungy.

The biggest problem with this place is the noise. The walls must be EXTREMELY thin as we could hear conversations clearly from adjacent rooms. Halls were loud (though hotel was virtually empty), highway noise was rumbling, and every step made in the rooms above could be heard.

Our A/C did not work (fan ran, but didn't cool), but we arrived late at night & left early in the a.m. so there was no time to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Select a room facing parking lot, rather than highway.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This hotel is a piece of trash. Don't stay here. I was there last week and witnessed soggy sunken hallways and room floors, musty bathrooms, water stains on the ceiling and bugs in both beds. After speaking with the general manager (Jennifer), she wasn't any kind of help. She was more concerned with past reviews. Saying"we always get rave reviews." I'm not sure who"s been leaving reviews, but they couldn't have been about this hotel. She assured me that I wouldn't be charged for my stay but sure enough-I was charged. I have been a loyal Marriott Rewards member for almost 10 years but not anymore. I have since started to take my business(150 days a year on the road) away from Marriott and give it to Starwood Properties(W, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, etc.) because they value the customer first. I will no longer stay at any Marriott properties and I will make sure that my federal co-workers avoid them too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
fowler62, Owner at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to vent your frustrations. First and foremost, our guests are our number one priority and we take complaints very seriously. After meeting with the general manager, please let me explain what I discovered. You reported that the hallways were soggy and sunken, the bathrooms were musty, there were water stains on the ceiling and bugs in both beds. After a thorough inspection of the property and rooms that you were in, the head housekeeper and I found no evidence of this being accurate. Ecolab, a leading pest control service, was also called out to the hotel to do a thorough inspection for bugs reported in your room. None were found. Upon further investigation, your credit card was not charged. Your room charge was rebated the day that you checked out. For any discrepancies on your credit card statement, please contact your bank, as we have credited your account. Thank you again for your time, and I regret that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

Hotel appears to be recently refurbished. Nice size room. fridge, microwave, balcony (overlooking freeway). Restaurant with some food service until 10, food not prepared on site at 10 but better than going searching for fast food. We arrived at 9:58 and wer still served. Apparently breakfast cooked to order, we will find out tomorrow. New format for Marriott, breakfast not free if you get discount on room. After a few inquiries, and extra $10 we got breakfast for four. Nice sitting are outside of ground floor rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WHHenry
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night in this hotel and checking in and out was quick and painless. We arrived late at night from flying from California and the person working the graveyard shift, I think his name was Rob, was very nice and polite. The hotel was clean and we were given a quiet room as both, my husband and I, are light sleepers. We wished we could have stayed there longer but were on our way to Atlanta for a conference.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My family and I traveled to Rock Hill, SC for a softball tourney. Our team decided to stay at this Marrriot Courtyard due to proximity to fields. This facility was lovely and modern, having been totally renovated recently. The rooms were large and vey clean (extremely important to us). In addition, the staff was wonderful (especially the kitchen staff).

Only negative is indoor pool was only 4' deep. Kind of boring for teenagers.

Would highly recommend this facility to others traveling to Rock Hill or Charlotte.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a kind review! We take great pride in our hotel, our staff, and most importanty, serving our guests. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our kitchen staff. We hope to see you again soon!