“Don't get fooled by the new lobby at the Courtyard Marriott-Rock Hill, SC”

Courtyard Rock Hill
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't get fooled by the new lobby at the Courtyard Marriott-Rock Hill, SC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

This hotel is a piece of trash. Don't stay here. I was there last week and witnessed soggy sunken hallways and room floors, musty bathrooms, water stains on the ceiling and bugs in both beds. After speaking with the general manager (Jennifer), she wasn't any kind of help. She was more concerned with past reviews. Saying"we always get rave reviews." I'm not sure who"s been leaving reviews, but they couldn't have been about this hotel. She assured me that I wouldn't be charged for my stay but sure enough-I was charged. I have been a loyal Marriott Rewards member for almost 10 years but not anymore. I have since started to take my business(150 days a year on the road) away from Marriott and give it to Starwood Properties(W, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, etc.) because they value the customer first. I will no longer stay at any Marriott properties and I will make sure that my federal co-workers avoid them too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
fowler62, Owner at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to vent your frustrations. First and foremost, our guests are our number one priority and we take complaints very seriously. After meeting with the general manager, please let me explain what I discovered. You reported that the hallways were soggy and sunken, the bathrooms were musty, there were water stains on the ceiling and bugs in both beds. After a thorough inspection of the property and rooms that you were in, the head housekeeper and I found no evidence of this being accurate. Ecolab, a leading pest control service, was also called out to the hotel to do a thorough inspection for bugs reported in your room. None were found. Upon further investigation, your credit card was not charged. Your room charge was rebated the day that you checked out. For any discrepancies on your credit card statement, please contact your bank, as we have credited your account. Thank you again for your time, and I regret that you did not enjoy your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

Hotel appears to be recently refurbished. Nice size room. fridge, microwave, balcony (overlooking freeway). Restaurant with some food service until 10, food not prepared on site at 10 but better than going searching for fast food. We arrived at 9:58 and wer still served. Apparently breakfast cooked to order, we will find out tomorrow. New format for Marriott, breakfast not free if you get discount on room. After a few inquiries, and extra $10 we got breakfast for four. Nice sitting are outside of ground floor rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WHHenry
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night in this hotel and checking in and out was quick and painless. We arrived late at night from flying from California and the person working the graveyard shift, I think his name was Rob, was very nice and polite. The hotel was clean and we were given a quiet room as both, my husband and I, are light sleepers. We wished we could have stayed there longer but were on our way to Atlanta for a conference.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
central MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

My family and I traveled to Rock Hill, SC for a softball tourney. Our team decided to stay at this Marrriot Courtyard due to proximity to fields. This facility was lovely and modern, having been totally renovated recently. The rooms were large and vey clean (extremely important to us). In addition, the staff was wonderful (especially the kitchen staff).

Only negative is indoor pool was only 4' deep. Kind of boring for teenagers.

Would highly recommend this facility to others traveling to Rock Hill or Charlotte.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a kind review! We take great pride in our hotel, our staff, and most importanty, serving our guests. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our kitchen staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Amherst, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

I booked in at the 'Stay for Breakfast" rate which room rate is adjusted to cover that meal. When my monthly credit card statement came. I noticed that the hotel had actually charged me for $13.70 MORE than the total shown on my official hotel receipt. I called the hotel & they said the additional charge was for breakfast, ehich they neglected to put on my receipt. I pointed out to them that my room rate included breakfast. The clerk then said they would have to check with their manager and would call me back. UItimatley, the manager said the charge would be reversed. Interestingly, the same thing happend to my colleague at the same hotel.
I am a "frequent flier:" at this chain and this has not happened before but if this mistake was made on 2 separte bills, how many others were there? I am recommending the hotel for the sake of the many nights I have stayed at the chain but this one........

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Our family stopped here overnight while traveling from Ohio to Florida. We went straight to our room, showered, and slept. Check in and checkout were a breeze and the grounds are kept very nice. It is an easy off and on to Interstate 77 and tucked beside several businesses and restaurants. This facility is consistent with other Marriott Courtyard locations. Actually, anytime we travel to Florida we usually stop here and have never been disappointed. As some have stated, unless you get an awesome deal that includes breakfast, save your money and hit the McDonalds down the road or plan ahead with some granola bars! Enjoy your travels!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

I chose this Marriott because of it's location. It is a quick exit off of the interstate and two quick right hand turns and you're there. As many others have stated, you are next to an Outback whose curbside service came in very handy for me! Two gas stations and plenty of other stores are a mere block away.

Entering the Marriott your first whiff introduces you to the indoor pool. Strong smell of chlorine. To your right is their ' business' area, one computer and printer at a tiny desk, as well as their breakfast area and coffee bar.

Check in was easy except Marriott had recently changed their key system and of course, mine did not work so we had to return to the front desk to recode. Staff was very nice.

I had requested a top floor but in the three story property I was given the second floor. My room was good size and had been refurbished. Very comfortable bedding and AC that could blow you out of the room. I love to sleep in a cool room so I left it cranked on and snuggled under the comforter to enjoy some much needed sleep.

My second night presented me with an adjacent family who spent the entire evening running up and down the hallway and allowing their door to bang open and closed, using the security bar to prevent their door from actually locking shut. This went on for hours. At 11.30pm, my feet hit the floor to confront the road runners but they finally retired and quiet, for the most part, was restored.

Yes the carpet could be updated, as well as the lobby and I think a proper business center would be a great feature. One computer hog is all you need to back up the line of people trying to print boarding passes or check emails.

It's not a full service luxury Marriott but it's comfortable, the location is great, staff was pleasant and I had no security issues.

I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business