“Ok food. Terrible service”
Review of Citizen Corners - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Restaurant was totally unprepared to serve a conference that they knew in advance was coming. Waitress, who obviously got her head bit off in the kitchen, came out crying. Took over an hour and a half to get our food. When we did, it was not worth the wait. Steak was not cooked well. Sides (vegetables & mashed potatoes) were very good.

1  Thank Elutzjr

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We got here and we were the only ones in here. The place was quite to talk business with some friends. Waitress was nice and very attentive. Had the crawl fish and bam bam shrimp for our appetizer. I have never had crawl fish and man these were so good! The bam bam shrimp were ok.
For the entree had red snapper and asked if I could get it blackend and they were able to do that. For sides I had
mixed stemmed vegetables and
charleston cheese grits. All in all very good food. Presentation was good also.
Would recommend this place to anyone. Price is in the 15-25 dollar range !

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stopped in Rock Hill on our journey from Charleston, WV back home to St Augustine, FL. Asked the front desk guy at Hampton Inn for a good local place and he sent us here. We loved the duck poppers, an interesting concoction wrapped in bacon (anything wrapped in bacon is good) with hints of jalepeno and cream cheese. Delicious. Hubbie had a generous platter of ribs with yummy mashed potatoes with cheese and onions, and fried green tomatoes, which he enjoyed. I had crab cakes with grits and asparagus, also good. For dessert, which we didn't need because we were already full, the waitress recommended chocolate oatmeal pie. It sounded too intriguing to pass up, and was the high point of the meal. The overall consistency and taste is similar to a Kentucky Derby pie, but since it had oatmeal I think it has to be healthier. ;) Next time I would probably stick with appetizers, salad and dessert.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Thursday night around 6:00 went to this restaurant. Hubby had the Pasta Carbonara and said it was the bet he ever had. I enjoyed the salads (no iceberg so it was right up my alley although you can order wedge salads). I had the lightly fried softshell crab, charleston cheese grits and steamed vegetables. The food had a wonderful presentation and this is important as my hubby is a former sous chef. Our dishes were really works of art. We ran into an old friend there who is in love with this place and said the Duck poppers were not to be believed. We'll have to try that next time. The restaurant is having some pipe work done but the location, an old bank is really interesting. They have lots of old pictures of Rock Hill history that is interesting while you wait for your food. If you liked the former Harry and Jean's food, you'll like Citizen Corner as many of their kitchen staff migrated over to Citizen Corner when Harry and Jean's closed. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a place to go on a date for dinner, not a regular Saturday night out meal. The food is good, but a little pricey. On the upside they have opened a downstairs bar, The Vault, that now serves draft beer and light apps - nachos are great. Friendly staff and the draft beer is fairly priced.