“New, Comfortable, Modern”

TownePlace Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I've been to 2 other new Towneplace Suites recently and this is my 3rd. Overall, what's to say about a new hotel other than, well, it's new!! I have a room with a King bed and the footprint of the room is on the small size compared to the previous 2 TS's which were at least 30-50% larger. I would've liked this hotel more if my first impression wasn't ruined. Here is a recap of my 1st 30 min upon arrival:
0 to 15 min: Wait.... Wait.... Wait. Only 1 staff at front desk who's on the phone
15 to 25 min: Wait... Wait... Wait. Another person checking in and there's more back and forth than it should.
Now for my turn at check in: 3 to 5 minutes (great). Got a room, got a key, I'm off to get my luggage from the car.

All parking spots in the front are taken, so I parked in the back side of the hotel which has 1 center entrance. To get to the upper floors, the stairs and elevators are on the far ends of the building. So from the center, I walked all the way to the end of 1st floor to go upstairs, then walk back towards the center of the building to my room. After this, I discovered the half-awake front desk clerk gave me 2 non-working keys. UGH!!!

Another trip back down the hall (2nd flr), down the stairs, another trip down the hall (1st flr) to the front desk. After getting the keys reset, yet another trip back down the hall (1st flr), up the stairs, down the hall again towards my room. I probably covered a good part of a mile inside the hotel due to the normally relatively small fiesco.

Finally, close to 1 hr later after first driving up to the hotel's front door, I'm finally INSIDE my room. Whew!!! (wipe sweat off my forehead). Actually, I took this long to point out how badly designed the whole floorplan is. Whoever was the architect should be fired.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mmyk72

Reviewed November 30, 2010

This hotel is right next to a mall and other shopping options. It's about 3 miles from downtown. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Noise from other rooms and the hall are not well insulated. In all it's a good place to crash for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I usually write my reviews for hotels visited while we are attending soccer tournaments. This time however we were in town to attend the funeral of my grandmother. We did not have a lot of advance notice obviously to book a room, and the staff at the reservation desk (we called the property directly) were very empathetic and offered a discounted rate. We were traveling with our teenage and preteen daughters so we decided to get a larger "suite" so we would not be on top of each other. We arrived in the mid afternoon and had just enough time to check in, change and go to the family gathering. The room was a two bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. The kids were impressed that they got their own room and that the suite had 3 flat screens! The front desk staff gave us an even lower rate than the reservation person and did not give us any problems when we had to leave the next day rather than stay 2 days as was originally planned. I would have liked to have stayed longer to be with family, we had my brother over the night we were there and had room to relax, pop some popcorn and watch TV in the living room. We decided that we would look to stay at TownePlace properties in the future when we travel. The only small complaint was that the towels were very thin.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank soccermom66
Reviewed June 20, 2010

This hotel was a great place to stay. My family and I (around 30 people) were very pleased. We have children from the ages 8-18, and all had a good time from the pool to the weight room. Rooms were very well decorated,efficient,modernized and CLEAN. The staff was courteous and very helpfull and knowledgable with directions. I would definitely reccomend TownePlace Suites to anyone else. -Oh TWO business centers!! Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This is the best place our family has ever stayed! The rooms were comfortable. The beds were AMAZING! The kids even commented on the comfort of the beds.

We were hesitant to leave and continue on our vacation!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank allstar911
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We absolutely loved this hotel! We stayed here on our Kids' spring break and went to Carowinds. The rooms were beautiful! The beds were AMAZING!!! Very spacious for all 5 of us! The rate for a 2 bedroom suite was a great deal! We couldn't have stayed anywhere else and got what we got for the money! The breakfast was adequate and the crew was very helpful and friendly! The fan in the bathroom wasn't working but it was ok for us. They offered to fix it during our stay but we said it could wait. We have already booked another stay there for July!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dixiedarlin_sc
Reviewed March 20, 2010

This is a brand new hotel and is nicely decorated. However, the walls/ceiling are very thin and one is able to hear one's neighbors using the bathroom. After our second night, we returned @ 5:00 from a full day out and found that our room had not been made up. When I called the front desk, they said that housekeeping had gone home and offered to bring new towels. One of the major perks of traveling in my mind is to have a nicely made bed to get into...and there was no explanation given as to why housekeeping had skipped our room. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it, given the lack of service. Also, the breakfast was pretty sparse, compared with a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2010