“Average”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay here regularly. They never get the shampoo and lotion right ever. Three lotions no shampoo etc. rugs are frayed. Some rust in bathrooms. Clearly needs a sprucing up. Breakfast s solid and hostess s a sweetheart. I keep Ellington them they screw up shampoo. In one ear out the other. Rooms are clean but tired. I have stayed in rooms where photos are oddly missing. More rooms than just one

Stayed September 2013
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear NCPETE,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'd also like to thank you for being a return guest, and at the same time apologize for the level of service not being up to your expectations as a frequent Marriott guest.

Recently we have made some major changes in the housekeeping department which should work towards correcting some of the issues you described in your review. I hope that on your return visits you will get to experience the improvement from a first-hand perspective.

Thank you again for your business, and your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ryan Tilden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wittenberg, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff is very helpful so that you get what you are looking for!
There is no other Hotel in the area that offers that kind of high standard in room quality and service for a comparable price!
If anything my general rating would be AAA+

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Reinold J,

Thanks so much for the kind words about the TownePlace Suites Rock Hill Team, and our hotel! We were thrilled to have you here, and after a rocky start, get you into the perfect suite! I look forward to meeting you personally on your next trip to Rock Hill!

south Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites for 30 days until my family could get moved to the area. The service was excellent. Had to make sure I made it to breafast to see my favorite staff that worked the breakfast area each morning. I always got a "how you doing" or "you look beautiful today", talk about brightening a persons day. I feltt like they were my extended family while I stayed there. It was very clean and I always felt safe staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Holli C,

Thank you very much for your sweet and sincere review! You must be referring to Ms. Val, our full-time breakfast hostess. She is a wonderful lady, and I couldn't ask for a more dedicated, hard-working and FRIENDLY individual to have on our team!

Although you are now a resident of our area, you are still part of our "extended stay" family and are welcome to come back anytime to say hi! We'd love to hear how you are liking the area!

Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel, and hope to see you soon!

Lincolnton NC
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I chose this hotel for 2 weeks of business so that I could bring along my Shih Tzu. Could not be happier with my choice! The hotel is in a very safe area---Studio room is just right--full size refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner stove, microwave and dishes. Breakfast is very good with wide variety of selections and the "breakfast lady" is a bright and sunny start to my day with her positive personality! Lots of good restaurants within a mile of hotel. Guest laundry that is reasonably priced. All areas of hotel are kept very clean, even the outdoor "pet park"--poopy bags are even provided. Very reliable and fast WiFi for a hotel. The only thing I would change (if I were building this hotel) would be to have the bathroom fan and light independently controlled---I like to listen to the morning news when getting ready for work and it is impossible because the fan is too loud. THANKS for a GREAT STAY!

Room Tip: For pet-owners, request a room on the 1st floor on the end where the pool is---that is the closest e...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lincolntonretiree,

From the TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill Team...THANK YOU! Your review of our hotel was greeted with much enthusiasm by all of us! We were truly honored that you chose our hotel to be your "home away from home" for 2 weeks and are glad you were able to truly have a worry free stay! We have a lot of guests that stay anywhere from 2 days, to 2 years, and we really strive to make each stay unique for each guest.

Thank you again for your review. It's guests like you who remind us WHY we love what we do!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Definitely a nice property. Quality rooms, Very modern, nicely furnished with kitchenettes. Stayed with my Golden Retriever. Nice potty area! Comfortable bed. Granite kitchen and bathrooms. Breakfast basic but fine. A number of restaurants in immediate vicinity.

Room Tip: Ground floor would not be my preference. No other differentiators that I could tell.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear CCIndialantic,

Thanks for your review of our hotel back in the beginning of the month, and please accept my apology for the delay in responding!

As a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor, your opinion is extremely valuable in aiding other guests in making a decision on where to stay when they come to our city, and I couldn't be more grateful for the kind review! We are as delighted to accommodate our 4 legged family members as we are the 2 legged ones!

Thanks again for taking the time to fill out a review, and we look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Rock Hill!

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay here. My husband come to work in this area. We are staying two weeks here this time. The staff is always courteous, family & anxious to assist you. Mrs Valerie that prepares breakfast is awesome! She makes sure everyone is satified with their breakfast. She has a great cheerful personality which is really nice to be around each morning. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while n this area. Thanks to all staff members at this hotel for making us feel so at home!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Grace_Baby,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel, and sorry this response hadn't come sooner!

Ms. Val is a wonderful breakfast hostess and we are very fortunate to have her on our team! We love hearing that our guests feel like our hotel is a home away from home, because that is exactly the type of atmosphere and feel we strive to create!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back home on your next trip to our TownePlace Suites by Marriott here in Rock Hill!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night, and I had an enjoyable stay. I would stay here again. I had a "Studio" room, which was kind of small, but adequate. One thing I will say was that while there was a closet for the luggage, there were no stands inside the closet upon which to place the luggage. Another weird thing about the luggage closet was that it had two entrances -- one from just inside the door to the room, the other was in the bathroom. So, if someone was in the bathroom with a locked door, someone could still enter the bathroom through the luggage closet. That was an unusual design. Other than those things, everything else about the room was satisfactory.

The property was located close to the Interstate, had complimentary parking, and safety was not a concern. The property has an outdoor pool, and BBQ pit which could be used for grilling out. The morning breakfast was adequate, and had a good variety of hot and cold items. The staff I encountered were all super-friendly and accommodating.

I would stay here again, and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Big80s
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi Big80's,

Thanks for you recent in-depth review of our hotel! Like you I found the design for the closet a little "weird" on my first encounter with this hotel. However, being able to pull a bathrobe from the closet, or a t-shirt, etc, has proven to be a great feature for our guests. The studios are typically single rooms, which would offset the privacy concern of access, but I do see your point.

I really appreciate all the wonderful things you said about the breafast, BBQ area and especially the staff. We all work hard to make sure our guests have a friendly and relaxing experience while staying with us!