“Would go back!”

TownePlace Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
“Would go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I am very very picky about where I stay. The choices in Rock Hill are somewhat limited. I chose this because trip advisor has never led me wrong before. We arrived at the hotel late on Friday and the gentleman at the front desk could not have been nicer. Always a good sign. We were in town so my husband could spend time with his son so my plans for Saturday were to hang out in the room. Housekeeping came by early and I had left the do not disturb on the room. When the very nice lady stopped by (after I had taken the sign down very very late in the afternoon) she said it was no problem and not to worry about it at all. The hotel is spotless. The room was the perfect size for two people for the weekend. I would certaily go back when we stay in the area again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Drob504
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Drob504,

Wow, I love when I get to read reviews from Senior and Top Contributors like yourself, that mention specifically WHY they loved our hotel.

As a frequent traveler and Trip Advisor contributor, your opinion is read and relied on by thousands of potential guests. I am so thankful that you took the time to provide such wonderful feedback regarding the service and accommodations you experienced. If I can be of any service during future stays, please, consider me at your disposal.

Ryan Tilden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Totally nothing northbound on I-77 (except Exit 9) until you get to this Exit 79. This approx. 4 yr old hotel is tucked between two big car dealers Toyota & Nissan and right across the Galleria Mall. The place is relatively quiet as the car dealers are closed by the time you are asleep. This area looks new and there are lots of food places/chain restaurants to choose from. Comfy & clean rooms are on the smallish side equipped with a small flat screen tv, full size fridge, microwave, top burner (the wipe-top kind) and cabinet full of dishes/pots/pans. Despite the fully equipped kitchen, they still offer a full hot breakfast with link sausages & eggs, etc.... great coffee! This would be an ideal place for longer stays. Friendly staff. Free parking. Close proximity to historic Fort Mill and Carowinds amusement park. I hope management will continue to maintain its pristine appearance and cleanliness throughout the years. Also, fill-up here! cheapest gas at $3.09 unleaded as of this writing vs. $3.47 in Florida.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Minniemae,

Thank you very much for the positive and thorough review of our hotel!! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed not only your accommodations, but the local area as well. We all consider ourselves fortunate to live in such a wonderful community, and to be able to work at the self-proclaimed "Friendliest Hotel In Town" is really just icing on the cake!

It is the hope of all of us on the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Team that you will certainly come by and see us again on your next trip to/from Florida! Happy Travels until then.

florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was perfect as a waypoint heading South. TownePlace met all of our needs. The room was well laid out with the entry point passing through the galley kitchen. The room was quiet and comfortable and a really good value for a suite. The decor was fresh and timely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear mooselymaine, thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel.

In reviewing some of your other reviews (congratulations on being a Top Contributor with 53 Reviews!!) I noticed that you take great care in selecting where you choose to stay when traveling. This makes your choice to stay with us all the more appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and thank you for trusting our team with your comfort, cleanliness and peace of mind while traveling! We certainly look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again on future trips to Rock Hill.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ranked #1 among area hotels by Trip Advisor and rightfully so. You will NOT find a more professional nor more accommodating staff no matter the room rate. We stayed at several other well known hotels in the area before discovering the superior service provided by the general manager Ryan and his exceptional staff. Nicely appointed rooms and conveniently located but buffered from interstate noise by "those other guys". Look no further...if you are accustomed to staying in higher priced hotels, just go see Ryan, I'm sure he'd be happy to raise the rate for you.
They are like family....only friendlier:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the great review of our TownePlace Suites Rock Hill here on TripAdvisor!!

I apologize that it took me so long to reply after your initial response, it has taken me this long to try and craft something as witty and fun as your review!

Seriously, we truly appreciate all our guests, especially the ones who take time out of their busy day to write something positive about their experience at our hotel. The team here really is amazing, and I am so glad you chose to mention that in your review.

Thank you again, and please do be sure to stop in and say hi next time you are here, we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast, plenty of parking, quiet rooms, comfortable beds. Rooms have stove top, dishwasher, full size refridg, great desk with good wifi. Work out facility was nice (although small).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Steve I.,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We really strive to provide our guests a home-away-from-home experience, whether it be for a night, a week or a year!

We are currently exploring partnerships with some of the local gyms here in Rock Hill to provide an alternative workout facility for our guests who are looking for a more "in-depth" training. We hope to have the details of this hammered out very soon!

Thank you again for your review and please don't hesitate to come by and see me anytime!

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very comfortable and clean. Also in a quiet location but close to everything. Very safe and no issues. Right off the highway and easy access. The staff was great, always cheerful and helpful. Rooms were clean and well organized. Nice exercise area, all the equipment have tv's for each with headphone jack to not interrupt anyone else.

1 Thank Gary P
Dear Gary P.

All of us here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

You mentioned so many wonderful features of our hotel, especially the Fitness Center. As a traveler myself, I appreciate the individual TVs on the equipment, if I make it to the gym to workout that is!

Thank you again for your review and we all certainly look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rock Hill.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for quite a while for business and have been very satisfied with the quality, staff, and cleanliness. The pool area is great and has 3 propane grills that they keep filled. There's also a wood burning pit to have fires in the cooler weather. The rooms are nicely decorated and painted with warm comforting colors. There's a modern touch with comfort.

Dear William M.,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We love having you here!! I'm so glad you all enjoy the "outdoor grilling complex", as we affectionately refer to it. It's really a great space to do some grilling and relaxing after a long day at the office.

You know I am at your disposal, so please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of any service whatsoever.