“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed there for my son's tennis tournament.

The property and rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. Although it was completely booked, everything was very quiet. Whenever we walked in, we were greeted cheerfully and asked if we needed anything. What a nice touch. It seemed like everyone was happy to be working there.

They just started serving a hot breakfast, so it was nice to have eggs, sausage and waffles in addition to the selection of breads, cereals, and yogurts. The woman who was managing the food service took a lot of pride in her work, and it showed in the presentation, cleanliness, and quality. She even got my son to say "yes, ma'am!"

We actually had some confusion at check-in about the requested room type and size that resulted in a higher room charge. The next morning, the manager (Ryan) drove over just to speak with me and resolve my concerns. He altered the reservation and made things right -- actually in my favor. Not that I want to have problems, but having someone take ownership and go out of his way to resolve will ensure that we stay here for the next tournament.

Room Tip: The fold-out bed mattress is the typical thin variety. Don't expect to be very comfortable on it...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful review here on Trip Advisor! It really means a lot to myself and the team here at the TownePlace Suites when our guests take the time to review our property.

We look forward to accommodating you again the next time a tennis tournament brings you here to Rock Hill. If I can ever be of service please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Ryan Tilden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We drove to Rock Hill on Christmas day to spend one night and surprise my sister. We love to stay in a Marriott facility, they are always very clean and pleasant. This facility was no exception. We were very comfortable, with lots of room. Loved that we could take our little dog and not stash him at the vet. Very convenient 1st floor room room for taking him out and close to the car. Reasonably priced. Normally I would have stayed at my sisters, but her children and their families were visiting for the holiday, so this was a great get away for us! Should the occasion arise to need a hotel in Rock Hill, TownePlace Suites by Marriott will be my choice again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Carol B, thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor! Your comments are truly appreciated by myself and the team here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott.

Having a pet myself, I really appreciate that there are still hotels that offer pet friendly rooms! Like the one you stayed in, ours are all on the first floor by entrances to allow you easy acess to our grassy pet play areas!

Thank you again for your review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Rock Hill.

Hernando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

We always select this facility when traveling up North (and when we return). It has always been clean and the staff has always been very friendly. Very good restaurants are less than 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: We select a "high floor" studio for the 2 of us. It is very affordable and provides ample...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

We truly appreciate that you continue to choose staying with us, because loyalty can only be earned through consistent quality service and product. I'm also glad you were able to enjoy one of the many dining options in our immediate area.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip North...or South!

Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at the Town Place Suites Rock Hill two nights during a quick trip to the area to see the grand kids late October. As this was our first time staying at this hotel I read every review I could find. Except for the one or two reviews that came across as maybe being confused with some other hotel, I figured it must be a good place. I was wrong with my assessment - it was better!

The front desk staff was some of the nicest people that we have ever met at any hotel! They made walking into the hotel feel like we were coming home.

Our room was very nice - clean, spacious, and well furnished. It had a nice kitchen area, a well thought out work area for the business traveler, nice sofa area and bed. This room had more closet area for hanging clothes than my first apartment! There is no way even two people could bring enough clothes (even for a extended business trip) to fill that closet. I really appreciated the heavy thick drapes - they did a good job blocking the bright parking lot security light.

The only negative thing is the Continental breakfast is a bit lacking. But in all fairness, the rooms have a stove top, refrigerator and microwave. There are lots of “grab and go” things for the business person dashing out the door. There are restaurants nearby so if you don’t want to cook, you have lots of options.

Would we stay here again? You bet! We have a now go to place to stay at when we are in the area, or anyplace our travels take us!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Wow. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really take pride in our hotel's cleanliness, comfort and customer service and I am so glad that you and your wife were able to personally experience that!

We certainly look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rock Hill. As of January 10, 2012 we have added hot items to our breakfast selection and it has been a huge success with our guests. If you make it through in the summer, be sure to bring the grandkids over to enjoy our outdoor pool!

Thank you for your business, and again, for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Let me start by saying I stay In over 20 hotels a year due to my work, and my family and I decided to drive to PA from FL this Christmas, and chose to stay overnight here. I've always been fond of Marriott properties, but have never stayed at a TownePlace Suites. From the moment I checked in, I was warmly welcomed and very efficiently taken care of. Staff from the management down to the front desk associate were extremely friendly, and very caring. They even gave our dog a Christmas care package with a chew bone and squeaky toy my dog loved! The room was very clean, and met every expectation I had. The suite has a very nice kitchenette with fridge/freezer, microwave, sink, and even dishes and glasses. Nice walk in closet, and the room was roomy enough for my wife,son, and myself. even small things like having an outlet next to the bed are important to me for charging my cell phone, and they had this and plenty more accessible outlets. Nice flat screen HD TV with good channel selection. Free breakfast in the morning, and free wifi in the room completed this excellent stay. I will definately return here again and highly recommend to anyone else looking for an easily accessible hotel off Rt.77. Great restaurants and large shopping mall next door as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike G
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences here on Trip Advisor!

After reading your review I remember speaking with you over the phone regarding your reservation. I appreciate the many wonderful things you said about our hotel and staff.

Ours is the business of hospitality, and it is truly a pleasure for each one of us at the TownePlace Suites to be able to accommodate you, and all our guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next pass through Rock Hill!

lake wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

We were traveling south and decided to drive until we felt like stopping. We stopped at 10 pm seeing the Marriott sign from the highway deciding we didn't care what the price was we wanted to stay in a marriott..when we found out the resonable cost we were a little hesitant about the place....it was in excellent shape, clean ,comfortable, and the staff was so nice even, even without a reservation.what a plus to have the kitchen area and the huge closets, would stay there for a lenthy stay without hesitation as well as a short stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor!

We truly appreciate the kind words you had regarding the cleanliness, affordability...and our great customer service!! I think we have the best team here in Rock Hill and am glad you were able to experience it first-hand.

Whether you are passing through for a night or two, or staying for a month, we would be honored to accommodate you again on your next trip to Rock Hill.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

We were relocating to Rock Hill Sc and needed a place to stay until our apartment was ready. We found TownePlace Suites by Marriott during an internet search. From the moment we arrived and throughout our stay the staff were very helpful and pleasant they even remembered our name and room number. The room was very clean and decore was comfortable and welcoming. We were able to prepare meals in the room. Internet access was great. I would definitely recommend TownePlace to family and friends. They are also very pet friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It really means a lot to us when our guests will take the time to log in to TripAdvisor and share their wonderful experiences with the world!

I am so glad that you were able to experience our "home away from home" atmosphere. Preparing your own meals is a huge plus that we try to pass along to all our prospective guests, so thank you for mentioning that in your review!

As our new neighbor...we welcome you to the area, and invite you to stop by and say hi anytime!