“Excellent stay”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Florida
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had never stayed at a TownePlace Suites before and was very impressed. Friendly staff, nice rooms with great kitchen. Free breakfast. New property. Will stay here again if I have a chance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Traveling through SC and stopped at this Hotel. Very clean, well maintained, excellent free breakfast, great staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlienohio
DanielleGM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Charlienohio

Thank you so very much for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we see you back the next time you travel through SC.

Danielle Gross
oakville, on
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Perfect spot to stop with your family, including dog !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Southern Hospitality at it's best. Suites are a great value, clean and comfortable. Surrounded by great shops and right off the highway. Did I mention the staff were the best!!!

• Stayed December 2010
DanielleGM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. My staff and I are so glad you had a good time and hope to see you back soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I am a traveler that is particular about properties, but I also look at every location objectively. I had already decided to stay at this location on our latest trip and when I saw the last couple of postings for this location, it bothered me enough to contact the location directly.
My concerns immediately disappeared after I spoke at length with the General Manager, Danielle. She assured me that this location had received high marks with the Marriott chain. She was genuinely interested in listening to my concerns and I felt so confident in how she presented herself and the property that I immediately booked the night instead of waiting until we were on the road.
Our one night stay met and exceeded all my expectations. My biggest concerns when traveling is cleanliness, updated property and safety. All of these criteria were met. We have stayed in the Rock Hill area on many occasions and only wished that this location had been available in the prior years when we traveled.
We were so pleased with everything that we have booked our night for our return home.
Not sure where some of the previous customers were staying when they wrote their reviews, but I don't think it was at the TownePlace in Rock Hill.
I highly recommend this location to anyone traveling through this area. Danielle and her staff are great ambassadors for the Marriott chain. Five stars to all of them.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank northerner51
I would like to sincerely Thank You for deciding to call and speak with me about your concerns before coming to the property. I enjoyed our conversation and I am just so glad that you had a wonderful experience. I really appreciate you giving us a chance to prove ourselves to you and I hope that we wil be able to see you and your family again real soon. :)

Danielle Gross
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My family stayed there this past weekend, and we found a woman's underwear with sanitary pad at the bottom of the facial tissue box. The manager even said he checked everything in the room before we checked in, which made me mad because he sounded like we were cheating on them.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Fisher011
Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I had a very unsettling experience with this hotel ... was told there was a charge for our 4 lb dog in a cage of $100 if we brought her in, so I told the night manager that I would rather sleep in my truck then pay that much for a dog. I left to go to another hotel, since there are many in the area, and she followed me out the door and said I would only have to pay for my wife and I. I clarified the price with her at least 4 times that there would be no charge to bring our dog into the room. I did not get any paperwork when I checked in, so there was no documentation of the transaction. Well, we were charged for the pet the next day anyways, and they had no manager on staff to resolve the problem and we needed to continue on our trip. I almost felt like they were trying to take advantage of a senior citizen since it was her word against mine. Also, room was not very clean ... toenails on the couch from the previous guest, brown stains on the bedspread (chocolate?), items under the bed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple