“Great Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Hilton Head, SC. It is just off the highway so it was convenient. The front desk staff was very polite. Our room was gorgeous, quiet, clean, and comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and the servers were polite and the food was great. We were only there to sleep and have breakfast but it was a great experience and will be stoppping back on our next trip through SC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you need a place to stay in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area, this is it. Just off the highway, it's near a mall and plenty of restaurants. Polite staff at the front deck. It's a little pricey, but the food is VERY good at this Holiday Inn. Nice atmosphere at the bar. There was a guitarist playing there. Music was enjoyable. Not too loud. (I think Ansel was his name) The bartender was Aubrey. They made my evening fun! I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice property close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Front desk was very helpful. Returning next month. Clean, well lit parking, could use more washers and dryers for size of hotel. Pool area nice. Only a few years old.

Room Tip: No spa or kids activities
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wow the staff is ver friendly and care about each guest. And I think the food gets better each day the day I was there it was packed I waited for a seat so I can enjoy the food here I am very impressed on the cleanest rooms usually I find dust some where in the room but not here

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After driving 12 hours we decided to stop for the night. Several other hotels at the same exit were booked solid. We took a chance and luckily they had 3 rooms left. Not only were we pleasantly surprised with the hotel, I will use this brand in the future. The rooms were clean and appear new. The staff at the front desk quickly checked us in, were friendly, and had extra towels and pillows delivered to our room within minutes. The beds were very comfortable (even the pull out sofa for the kids). The hotel is close to the highway and many restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked a room at the Rock Hill HI through Hotels.com in January for a weekend in June for an event and received confirmation. Several families in the group with which we were attending an event had been informed upon calling during week prior to check in that they no longer had reservations; somehow, they had mysteriously vanished. However, all seemed well as three days prior to check in I received an email confirmation of my room. Upon arrival I was told that I had cancelled my reservation a week ago and there was no room for me. I showed my confirmation and indeed confirmed through Hotels.com that no cancellation had been made. HI said they did not cancel the reservation. Hotels.com said that they did not cancel the reservation. I certainly did not cancel the reservation as I am not fond of sleeping in my car. Yet no one could either explain or resolve the issue. I almost expected Jay Carney to make an appearance and try to explain away why no one knew anything, no one was responsible, and that they would really really attempt to get to the bottom of it all, honest. The desk manager attempted to place a few phone calls and find a comparable room, but all the hotels around were booked solid for the weekend. There was much wheel-spinning, no apologies, and overall a chaotic hour as several other travelers found themselves in the same predicament--mysteriously cancelled room reservations and now no rooms. The desk staff was completely in over their heads but maintained courtesy while doing the absolute bare minimum to accommodate me with this. Frankly, that aspect of this is appalling. There should be no higher priority of a hotel than accommodating paying guests--and yes, my credit card had been charged. Two hours later I finally found accommodations through my own efforts. The HI did not follow up with me that night or the next day when a room opened up. They have not contacted me nor offered to pay for the hotel stay elsewhere that I incurred. After that fiasco there was not one attempt to follow up or contact me. Hotels.com still had my reservation and confirmation so they assigned blame to the HI. Whether this was a reservation system glitch, overbooking, or some other malfeasance I do not know; what I do know is that given the service and experience there, I would not recommend at all. Appalling experience.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BDAtlanta
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear BDAtlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate an apparent glitch between the third party you booked with, and the hotels systems prevented you from being able to stay. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My company put me up at this hotel charges paid when I get there they asked for my credit card to hold a week later i check my account to see that they charged the whole amount to my credit card I called them and they found the error on there behalf but told me it would take 3-5 days to receive my money back now I have to pay bank fees for other item purchased asked to speak to manager but was told he wouldn't be in to around 2pm not really happy right now won't stay there again dont give them your credit card

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank davewright32
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear davewright32,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Rock Hill.

Karen G.