“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you have read my reviews you will know I don't care to complain. I am not complaining about this hotel! This was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. From the front desk to the young lady in housekeeping, the staff knew how to treat their guest. Helpful, friendly, genuine and well-trained would best describe the staff members I encountered. I was also impressed with the facility itself. I was told it was a few years old but I can tell you it looked brand new. Also, I rarely eat in hotel restaurants, but due to the number of restaurant patrons, I tried this one and found the food excellent! If you're in Rock Hill area do yourself a favor and stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quite....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roy A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
grand island, new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We are particular, seasoned travelers. We LOVE this hotel. It is right off 1-77 about 20 miles south of Charlotte.We make it a point to stopover here on trips to and from the Florida Keys. I am a shopper and love the fact that there is a nice mall a very short walk from the hotel. The rooms are very lovely-clean and new. The grounds are very well kept. The "bonus".to staying here is dining at the bar (while sipping on a great martini!) at Kem's Restaurant. The food is of the highest quality. The bar/dining room decor is beautiful and relaxing. If you dislike being stuck eating at chain restaurants while on the road, this is the choice for you. Stacy, Aubrey & Keaton have all provided excellent servce to us during our recent visits. Great Ceaser Salad, yummy mini slider burgers & my husband had the "baseball sirloin" special which he said was fabulous. We met the owner on a previous stay and he has has put his heart into making this a very special place to stay and to dine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we walked in no one greeted us! Went to counter to check in to learn that they would no longer honor our rate! How infuriating when you are away from home and what can you do? The hotel was empty....it is not a hotel n high demand. Instead would much rather run of a future customer. Usually try and stay at Holiday Inn! Guess I will be earning points somewhere else next time. Clean but service is horrible!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alliance, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We generally avoid Holiday Inn, preferring the newer, more modern Holiday Inn Express. Our experience with HI is older, tired, somewhat shabby facilities with bad food. Much to our surprise, the Holiday Inn Rock Hill was modern, clean, bright...good food, nice bar...friendly bartender (Stacy). The rooms have lots of electrical outlets, nice furniture, pillow choices, modern bath facilities. Recommend highly.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queens are a little crowded...lots of furniture...if you have the choice of king it mig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I would strongly recommend that guests avoid this hotel at all costs. While the facilities are themselves standard Holiday Inn fare, the customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. They summarily canceled our hotel reservation w because they claim the credit card did not go through, After initially claiming that they did not attempt to contact me first because they did not have my contact details, they subsequently admitted that they did in fact have my phone and email but that the staff person made a mistake in not attempting to contact me. While mistakes are happen, the worst part was the staff's attitude: no apology, no understanding, no offer to help find another hotel. Instead, the Front Dest Manager Randy Ahluwalia of this family run Holiday Inn was disrespectful and surly, showing no concern whatsoever, merely announcing that he had canceled my reservations and that they had no rooms and i and my kids had to leave, even though we were there with our track team and had confirmed our reservations over a month ago. When i asked to speak to a manager, he said his manager was the police and actually called the police rather than apologize for canceling my reservation and trying to make amends. The police were courteous and promptly left when i explained the situation to them. Honestly, i expect better service from the Holiday Inn brand, and will ask their corporate office to investigate this incident and review the training and service of the staff here. In the meanwhile, i would suggest those checking out this site to stay at any of the lovely comparable hotels nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank slwjosh123
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were so lucky to find this hotel just when we were ready to stop for the night. Recently renovated, the lobby is well-appointed and the rooms are updated, handsome, and well-designed. But the crowning achievement was the on-site restaurant, "Kem's." We enjoyed an exquisite chef's special sea bass dish that was outstanding. This chef deserves his own TV show. He personally visited our table and shared his recipes with us. We could not have enjoyed our dinner more. Be sure to check out this hidden gem just off I-77.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

After being totally ignored by Expedia, Randy and Yumary, management at the Holiday Inn, took the time to understand my predicament, went to bat for me at Expedia and when Expedia refused to help in any way, did their best to make amends by giving me enough Holiday Inn reward points for a free night stay at any Holiday Inn, a complimentary full breakfast buffet and then an extended check out on Sunday. Plus, the rooms were extremely comfortable and CLEAN. I will look forward to again staying at a Holiday Inn and I will NEVER again book a room through Expedia. I remain grateful to Randy and Yumary for their kindness to me and my family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family