Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
You will see things you didn't expect !

Reviewed 1 week ago
debracbell
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Great Find Close to Home!

Reviewed October 2, 2018
mcmullen709
via mobile

All reviews york county nature trail butterfly exhibit interesting exhibits all ages couple of years a lot of fun wonderful place top notch animals grandchildren visitors vernon grant snap interaction field
Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are into African animals or star gazing this is a great place to visit. I take my cub scouts there and they love it. Low cost and wide spaces so you never feel crowded.

Windy C, Social Media Manager at Museum of York County, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Debracbell,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Natural History Museum!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I think that too many times we overlook things that are located right in our home town! The museum has many different interesting exhibits and activities throughout the year including Harry Potter learning days, star gazing, walking/learning trails, planetarium shows and so much more! If you haven't been in a while, it is definitely worth checking out the website and seeing what you may be interested in seeing!

Windy C, Social Media Manager at Museum of York County, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Hi McMullen709,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! We hope to see you soon at one of our events - Spooky Science: Face Your Fears, will take place on Oct. 27th.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

At first we thought a museum could not be out THIS FAR in the country as we travelled but just as we were about to turn around..there it was.

We spent almost three hours of quality time there and learned many things from the staff...including how taxidermy is done and who are the experts. Children will love the "touch" area of the museum as well as the tot town.....making me wish I was a kid again.

They have a planetarium as well...showtimes vary, so I would call. THere is also a picnic and nature trail ....the current theme is BUTTERFLIES ....with interactive exhibits,

Very lovely gift shop with arts/crafts from local artists....not too much made in China there. (dropped a few dollars! :-) )

Very helpful staff willing to give additional information regarding many of the exhibits

A must do when in Rock Hill

Windy C, Social Media Manager at Museum of York County, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are glad that you were able to find us. We are directly in the center of York County, South Carolina. We hope that you will come back and visit us again. Follow us on Facebook to learn about our upcoming events.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

It's been a couple of years since our last visit. We were even more delighted this time! There was so much more to see and experience! The Butterfly exhibit was so fun for the kids, I had to pull them out of there. The entire museum is spectacular. So much to see, read, touch and learn. A "do not miss" kind of place.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Kids really enjoyed the museum. Lots of hands on activities. Enjoyed the nature trail as well. Great experience for our children to learn about the history of their own town and animals from all over.

Windy C, Social Media Manager at Museum of York County, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hi Amber,
Thanks for the great review. We pride ourselves on having field trips that meet the state standards of all grade levels.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

I love to go to the museum and you never get tired of seeing the animals and enjoying nature. I took my children when they were little and now I am taking my grandchildren.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic afternoon we had at the museum. We enjoyed the interesting exhibits & "hands-on" areas. The playroom is a wonderful place to take your children. We plan to return to visit the planetarium.

Windy C, Social Media Manager at Museum of York County, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Diana,
Thanks for the 5-star review! This coming Saturday, we'll have 4 planetarium programs and solar telescope viewing (weather permitting). Follow us on Facebook for upcoming family events.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I think it is a great place since I volunteer there! Have done so for 25 years. They also have a children museum and two other places.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We attended the butterfly exhibit and it was a lot of fun while learning. The hall of animals is always fascinating to the smaller ones in your group.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I am so impressed with the Museum of York County! The exhibits are well done and interesting and the staff is informative and friendly. My two year old granddaughter enjoyed it as much as her eight year old brother. One additional benefit is that you can leave and go back later in the day with the sme ticket. We will definitely go back!

Windy C, Social Media Manager at Museum of York County, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Hi 72wandam,

Thanks so much for the 5-star rating. We appreciate your feedback on our museum. We look forward to seeing you again soon.