“do not stay here!”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Atlanta, Georgia
“do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

After taking a 3 flight, 3 country journey, I decided to stay overnight at the Quality Inn in Rock Hill before continuing on to GA. DO NOT stay at this establishment! The room was filthy, there were hairs in the bed and it looked like the sheets hadn't been changed. The bathroom was deplorable, again with hairs all over the sink, the bathtub was awful and the toilet was disgusting. The soap was broken into a million pieces and the carpet and lampshade were stained with ??? I stayed only because I was exhausted and really couldn't go another mile but I will NEVER stay there again! I did write a letter to Quality Inn Corp. and got a letter admitting that the condition of the room was unacceptable but alsu said that I should have asked for another room because all of their rooms were not the same but if that is the case, they should not have rented that particular room to begin with. The place is just nasty!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank vonneyone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2007

Great convenient location, the rooms was clean,, the staff was friendly,,, we liked the restaurant on premises,,, the pool was grate ,, we were surprised to see their outdoor pool open in April, and then found out that pool is solar heated. Would come here again

• Liked — staff & convenience
  • Disliked — age of property
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

We stayed the weekend at this hotel. Too bad there was no other hotels that was avaiable. Our room was not clean. There was hair on the floors in the bathroom, and carpet. The toilet ran all day and night. The air conditioning was very loud. The bathroom had rust on fixtures, and I actually preferred my children not take a bath in there. I think the worst thing that bothered me about the whole stay was that in order to get in the door to get to our room, you had to use your room key to open the door to the hallway. I think this is great that no one can just walk in the hotel. HOWEVER, its is pretty sad when the key that you are given will not open the door. As a mother with kids, I was left outside with my kids, trying mulitple times to get in. After changing keys 3 times, it became easier to just beat on the door and hope someone heard us, or we "caught" someone walking in the hall to let us in.I think it defeated the whole purpose of having a key to get in the building when your key caused you to be left out in the dark with your kids and hoping no one was following you. The people at the front desk didnt act like it was a big deal that we were not only locked from outside the building, but once we used the key once or twice, it no longer worked on our room either. I know this isnt the most expensive hotel in the world, however DO NOT waste your time or money staying here. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. It is pretty sad that you pay for something that isnt clean, but what is even worse is when you pay for something that you can't even get into. Not to mention the fact that most of the time we were locked out was at night, that's when I was trying to get to my room the fastest. Al I can say is thank goodness that we were with a big group of people that was willing to get out of the bed to let us in. It was such a problem that we started calling each other from the parking lot letting each other know to wait on us at the door, so we could get in, then we kept our fingers crossed that we would actually be able to get back in our room. TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — all of it
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank officegalSc

Travelers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2007

I am a business traveler and let me tell you this is the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in! The room I was in had a leaky toilet, the wireless internet didn’t work. The desk clerk moved me to a different room on the second floor which didn’t have an elevator. The internet did work in that room however. Apparently a bird had built a nest above my room and would chirp from 10PM at night to 5AM in the morning, only ear plugs kept my sanity. I told the desk clerk about the bird with no action from them! I had to stay there 4 days since all the other hotels were booked up in Rock Hill! There was a microwave, Refrigerator, and a coffee pot in the room yet there was not enough outlets for all the devices, I used a power strip to give me enough outlets for my laptop, printer and two cell phones, also the outlets were worn out. Also the police were called out two doors down from me hotel room because of a 911 hang up call. My advice is to book another Hotel well in advance and stay away from the Quality Inn in Rock Hill!!!

• Liked — Always a Hotel room avialable
  • Disliked — The Birs chirping at 10PM at night till 5AM in the morning
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank clark77042
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2007

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. The other more expensive hotels were booked and this was right off the highway. Having stayed in other Quality Inn's, we expected similiar quality, this was not up to par. The rooms were dirty, old furniture and just ugly and dated. We could hear the people talking in the next room which is not what you want when you have to go to sleep. The linens did seem clean enough. The bathroom had some mold on the tiles. The free breakfast was ok except everything seemed to have dirt on it, the coffee lids had spilled coffee all over them and the compartments that held cutlery and stuff had crumbs and other unidentifiable stuff at the bottom.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirtyness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Zigboo
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2006

I had to spend two nights here because the local college closes residence halls over breaks and I did not have any place to stay within my price range, courtesy of the race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. All other hotels in the area were booked or charging upwards of $90 a night. I was lucky to get this place for $69.95, and one night was a free points night. The staff was friendly and helpful whenever I visited the front desk. The lobby is clean and well-decorated. Breakfast was pretty good and having Denny's attached was convenient.

This Quality Inn/Denny's complex is an old '70's Howard Johnson's motor lodge/restaurant complex, hence the balconies/patios. Although it has interior corridors, the hotel consists of separate buildings and most stairways are outside. Navigating this large, spread-out motor lodge is a bit confusing at first.

In room 238, the carpet is stained in parts and some of the furniture is rather worn out, but it was clean otherwise. The king bed is comfortable but the comforter is starting to unravel just a bit. The wireless internet access worked well. One unique feature left over from the Hojo's era is a bedside switch panel which controls all the lights. At this point, this hotel was going for a three-star rating, however...

The bathroom is not up to snuff. The toilet seat is badly worn and I think the toilet itself was the original one in the room. The bathtub is discolored. Water takes forever to heat up and smells of chlorine. The tub takes forever to drain as well. I just gave up on trying to use it.

When I stay at a hotel, I at least expect the ability to bathe. I could not here due to a poor bathroom. This is not what I expect from Quality Inn and is not an accurate representation of the chain as a whole. Most Quality Inns I have stayed at have been very good properties. This was a so-so one with an atrocious bathroom.

I would only stay again only if for a single night when I felt I could go without bathing.

I will be adding photos separately once I get them developed.

• Liked — Friendly staff, fairly comfortabe rooms
  • Disliked — Hotel worn, problems with bathroom/showering
  • Tips/Secrets — Doesn't reflect the Quality chain. Try to find another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
6 Thank LGILMAN479
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2006

The price was right, but the hotel was very dated. Thank goodness that it was only one night here. Carpet was stained. Bathroom was pathetic and had lots of hair in there. Yuck! No need to return to this rathole.

• Stayed February 2006