“Great Place to stay.”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Edgewater, Florida
“Great Place to stay.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Found the hotel while driving and talking to Hotels.com on the phone. We were looking for a pet friendly place and Hotels.com suggested this one. We were not expecting much but were really surprised as this hotel turned out to be the best on the trip. Friendly staff, super room, great bed and a real nice continental breakfast. Cannot say enough good things about this overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Dustin,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! Guests like yourself make all the hard work and dillengence worth it! We spent several months renovating our property, so it's nice to hear your positive comments! We hope you will stay with us again!
Umesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My daughter found this hotel while searching for a place to stay while we went to Carowinds. I had a tough time finding it, but I blame that on my gps. The staff was extremely helpful. They checked me into my room, when I went to unload, I realized that my room was still being cleaned. I decided to wait in the lobby since it was so hot outside. The front desk immediately gave me a room that was ready so I wouldn't have to wait. My room was very clean, fresh, smelled nice and definitely non-smoking which was wonderful.

The outside grounds could use a little work, but is clean for the most part.

Breakfast isn't extensive - bagels, doughnuts, toast, cereal, waffle maker, coffee, juice. Just enough to get you going.

For the listed price of $48.00 a night, it is economical and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you don't want to climb stairs, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Howard Johnson, Rock Hill.It’s very rewarding when someone like you takes the time to recognize our efforts. We take great pride in providing clean rooms for our guests and I will certainly share your thoughts with everyone. Hope to see you again the next time you visit Rock Hill.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at the Howard Johnson in Rock Hill. Great place to stop on the way to southern parts of South Carolina, Georgia or Florida when traveling from the north. Very accommodating to our dog since it is a pet friendly hotel. Nice renovations and continental breakfast with make your own waffles. Would definitely stay again on our next road trip!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Megan,
Thank you so much for your time and review. we are very excited about our remodeling of rooms and breakfast area. again thanks for your business and looking forward to see you again. Have a great Day.
LADSON
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Wingate. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and everything was great. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Janet,
You meant by us Howard Johnson, right?..glad to here that your stay with us in room no 215 and 212 on july 19 2012 was wonderful.We are glad you had great time here @ the Howard Johnson, Rock Hill, SC. We would like to hear more from our guests on TripAdvisor.com as many of our guests get busy with their routine work & other priorities & forget to write their experience @ the Howard Johnson. We appreciate your inputs & look forward to seeing you in future
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great price and really nice room...I was worried because of how low the price was. Room had obviously recently been renovated and saw them working on other rooms as well. Clean, comfortable, and exactly what we needed: microwave, mini fridge, comfortable bed, clean bathroom.

Room Tip: Only 2 floors and all rooms accessible by parking lot, so if you are the type that worries about bei...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your business and review.yes Finally we are almost done with renovation just waiting for couple furnitures and we all set.Thank you for your detailed and kind words and looking forward to see you on your way to Rock Hill, SC. Have a wonderful day.
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is centrally located and easy to get to from the Interstate (I-77). It is undergoing rennovation in the rooms and they show - very nive especially for the price. The breakfast was all one might need to get started in the morning and the staff - all that I met - were friendly and offered to assist in any way possible.

I woudl definely use this hotel again when I am in the Rock Hill area!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter and will have less "headlight" interaction from people comin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your review.Just to Let you know that we are replacing our furniture rightnow as i am writing this.All feedback from guest like you, means a lot to us and help other guest to make their hotel choice for their trip.
Thank you so much and will see you on your way.
umesh
Howard Johnson
Rock hill, sc
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and have no regrets. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly; they quickly took care of any needs that I had. The room was in excellent condition and smelled great. It was clean, bright, and comfortable. I slept like a baby! The room had a round table with a couple of chairs in addition to the desk which was great for playing games. The bathroom was impeccably clean and well stocked. The only think I wish is that the ventilation was a tiny bit better in the bathroom, but there is ventilation. I have zero regrets about staying here. There are also a great number of restaurants right around the hotel and it is very easy to get to. If you're looking for a great place to spend a night or two with no frills this will be just what you're looking for!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
umeshhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is truly fantastic to hear that your stay was such an enjoyable one and that a great time was had by all and more so due to our staff here at The Howard Johnson, Rock Hill, SC. I will extend your thanks to all the team as strong customer service is something we pride ourselves strongly on.Also Thank you so much for all detailed informations regarding us which would help other guest to choose their accomodation need with us.
Thank you and Have an Excellent Day.
Manager