“Great Experience”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable and QUIET

Room Tip: I checked excellent for pool and spa to allow the survey to g thru but I did not even look for these...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
super8rockhill, Manager at Super 8 Rock Hill, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
We really appreciate your business and Thank you somuch for review our property. We will do our best to give you best service and We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Apollo, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We were staying in this area for one night on our way to the beach. Hubby looked and looked for a place in the Charlotte area and everytime he found one it had a bad review so he kept looking. This Super 8 in Rock Hill seemed to have all pretty good reviews and was only about 20 minutes from Charlotte and in the direction we were heading, so we took the chance. We are so glad we did. We could not believe how VERY nice and updated the place was for the money we paid. It was very easy off and back on the highway yet there was NO highway noise. It was just an exit away from almost any store/plaza/mall you would want. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast as a perfect quick stop before getting on the road. We will DEFINITELY be back again next year on our way through town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DougandBonnie
Eastern USA
Reviewed September 6, 2011

For "low end travel" I usually stay at other brands - will definitely be looking for Super 8s in the future. VERY nice room, great breakfast, very clean & well-kept bathroom. Wi-Fi was top class. Good price/performance.

1 Thank Schrodinger Cat
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stopped at this hotel for a quick overnight on a road trip to Florida. From the moment I saw the exterior of the hotel, I felt like I was in a safe, clean environment. Our check in was handled efficiently, and the price was right. There were queen sized beds in the room (a welcome treat from doubles) that were very comfortable to sleep on, and the room was extremely clean. Overall, we had a quiet night and headed out in the morning. This was one of the nicest "road hotels" I have stayed in, and we are frequent road-trippers. One quick note: breakfast ends at 9:00 even on weekends (unlike most Super 8s where it is open until 10:00 on weekends) and we missed it! No big deal though....there are several breakfast places such as Bob Evans nearby.

2 Thank Elizabeth A
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2011

newly remodeled, pet friendly, and close to I77 and many restraurants.

• Liked — pet friendly
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank danlwalker
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I selected this property primarily because it was only about an hour and a half drive from Columbia, SC (my destination); making it a great place to spend the night after a 14 hour drive, but not too far away from Columbia for being there early the next day. Two rooms were rented.

Area: The property is easy to get to off of the Interstate and is among a cluster of competing inns. The immediate area felt safe, but a strip club was spotted nearby - usually a bad sign concerning an area. Not many restaurants are within walking distance and I had to program my Garmin to find a convenience store for some incidental items - the nearest store was three miles away.

Property and Staff: The property was very clean and up to date. This is a multilevel building served by and elevator, so handicapped accessibility is a non issue to most of the rooms. The staff was very helpful and friendly. During the next morning, the manager was visiting with guests in the breakfast area, generally making them at home and the appreciation of their patronage was evident. The property was in very good condition and possibly have been fairly recently renovated.

I had a first at this property, by forgetting & leaving my wedding band on the night stand. By the time this was realized and the hotel contacted,. they had already contacted my home phone to alert me of this. My ring was mailed home & there waiting for me by the time I returned home! KUDOS for the honesty of the staff and them alerting me of finding my ring!

Room: The rooms were spacious and up to date. They were clean, maintained and the beds were very comfortable. The pillows were great too! I have no complaints. A microwave and fridge was in each room and both appeared to be in working condition. Internet access was good from each room. My own room had a iron and board; the other room was missing an iron.

Breakfast: The breakfast served all of the standard things that one would expect from a "continental breakfast" for two star class motels. Cereal, toast/bagels/etc, coffee/juice, fruit and make your own waffles. They were not skimpy with what had been set out and things met satisfaction.

Summary: I was satisfied with the property. No complaints. It was clean, the property & area generally felt safe and the rooms were very good too. The bed and pillows was very comfortable & gave a very restful sleep. Perfect for a more basic grade hotel and the traveler looking for a good place for an overnight stay.

1 Thank EdmondLee
new york
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I myself work in the customer service field, so I know it when you come upon some great employees who performed up to and beyond there normal duties.On July seventh of last month, 7 members of our family were needed in North Carolina, because of a tragic death in our family. Within 4 hours of the news we were on our way, making arrangements from the car on the way there. After over 25 hours in the car we arrived in Rock Hill, only to be completely disappointed and misled by one of your competitors. We then started searching for accommodations for 7 people for the entire week, no easy task, when you are not familiar with the community.
We found our way to the Super 8 in Rock Mill, and spoke to your employee, Paul Solanki. Paul was very sympathetic about our situation and immediately found us 2 attaching rooms and at a very competitive rate. During our stay for the week, he and his awesome staff went out of there way to help us in every way they could. Paul is a credit to your business, and I hope you tell him how he made an Iowa family a little less stressed about being 24 hours away from home. It was not an easy week for us, but your motel did its very best to make our stay comfortable.
We will definitely remember this experience and will use your chain whenever we get the chance. Please give Paul Solanki and his staff a pat on the back for us, he definitely deserves it. Sincerely Don Aeschliman Grimes, Iowa

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family