“Ordered a tenderloin and got something else.”

The Retreat at Colonel Creek
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Ridgeway
Cuisines: American
Description: There webb site is helpfull, also Fasebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Retreat-at-Colonel-Creek/201858949842701?sk=info
Winnsboro, South Carolina
“Ordered a tenderloin and got something else.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

First time there, nice setting, sat at the bar. Our waitress was very attentive, it was her first night and she did a good job. We ordered two tenderloin's and the meat was cooked as ordered, medium rare. They gave us large steak knives and you had to saw the meat. It tatsted more like a sirloin,chewy. I asked to see the manager, I let her know that I eat tenderloins and fillet mignons and that this wasn't a tenderloin. She told me, and I quote, that it was a tenderloin and that the part of the tenderloin we serve is from the shoulder. Either she was just lying or did not know, but it really irked me. I asked her what was the grade of the meat? She said she did not know. I began to raise my voice and had to walk out as to avoid any more stupidity from the manager.
There was no mention af any consideration for our meal. We paid the full amount and will NEVER return.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank CoopCoop

Clay, New York
“Setting: beautiful. Service: inattentive”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This restaurant is out in the country, directly on the lake. It was fun to watch boaters come up to the dock. The place is cabin-esque, with rustic tables and chairs, moose and elk heads on the wall... very thematic. Unfortunately, that was where the enchantment ended. We were reading our menu for quite a while before we realized we had not met our waitress yet. Then, I realized that other people who had JUST come in were already getting drinks and hearing about specials from *their* waitresses. Finally, we literally had to flag down a waitress to ask if someone was going to be waiting on us too? Then, they brought our appetizers and 3 people's main dish all at the same time. The final main dish did not arrive until after we again had to flag down a waitress to ask where it was. They apologized for these oversights, but this is really not the kind of service I would have expected at all. The food I had was so-so. My husband said his sandwich was good. The fries were actually quite good.
This place had a lot of promise, and I was very charmed by it at first... but I am pretty sure we won't be back there again.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank teknoturtl
Camden, South Carolina
“Amazingly good restaurant directly on Lake Wateree.”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice setting, 16 boat slips, and very good food. She crab soup is as good as I've had, and their steaks are too. In fact, their steaks are really good, tender, prepared just right and reasonably priced. More than anything else, the staff, from owner to bus boy, and everyone in-between works hard to please you.

2 Thank edwardsutherland