“Great time @ Point South BW”

Best Western Point South
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have stayed there before & it is very convenient for where we are traveling to in NC. We like the fact that there is a Denny's right in hotel, so after driving all day, we didn't have to get back in the car & find something to eat & the food was great!
Very clean, beds were comfortable. Us women need a little more light over vanity, but everything else was great.
Donna R.

1  Thank Donna R

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Upon entering the room it had a bad odor of MILDEW. The room was damp and clammy. The furniture was broken. The water had the worst smell ever, and the taste of the water was horrendous. After your shower you didn't even feel clean. I asked if I could please be changed to another room and the young girl at the front desk was so nasty and rude. She would not change my room. When we left all of our clothes smelled of mildew, and we were all sick when we got back home.

Room Tip: You better Check it out first before you send anyone there
3  Thank Doris H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and has easy on and easy off from exit 33 on I-95 in SC. It has an attached Denny's Restaurant with discounts available from hotel. Food and service was excellent. Breakfast coupon good at 5 AM, not the usual 6 AM. Pets are welcome and rooms were clean, even for your precious pets. Refrigerator was larger than most hotel refrigerators, air conditioner was automatic and all appliances functioned properly.

2  Thank Judith J
RajVyas, Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We always look forward to hearing from our guests so that we can make sure everyone receives the most comfortable stay possible. We hope you would stop and see us again, if we could further assist you in anyway, please give us a call. Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!!

Stephanie Payne
Manager
843-726-8101

Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I got to the hotel to check-in they tried to charge me AGAIN for the pre-paid room. Chasity behind the desk looked completely confused and the idea of needing a credit card for incidentals was over her head. I was checking in at 2pm and had to get ready for a wedding at 4pm. So I really didn't have much time to sit there and wait for this to get figure out. When I finally got to my room - which was more like a crappy motel, I was rushing around to get ready. I didn't really want to touch anything in the room and while doing my makeup I looked down to see ants all over the counter in my room! So I had to clean all my stuff off, kill ants, and was almost late for the wedding. Not to mention the room was damp the entire stay. In hindsight - I should have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KaylaB874
RajVyas, Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry to hear that things were not up to standard in your room. As per discussed I have re-trained my employees in this situation and have taken care of your room. Again I apologize for not exceeding your expectations of Best Western. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks and Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!

Stephanie Payne
Manager
843-726-8101

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Located just off I95 with easy on/off access.
Denny's restaurant attached next door was nice, friendly wait staff, good service but dated and could use an reno.
Check in was easy ,all staff were professional and nice.
We didn't have at&t phone service,not the motel's fault.
Price was ok I guess ,we were tired traveling south on 95.
Slept well.
It is possible to park right outside your room a big plus to me.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dudley d
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a great Hotel with a great Staff and convenient to the area we were working. I would recommend the hotel to anyone that is in the area for business or pleasure. Restaurants were close and many to choose from that had great food and service was top notch. Overall a good trip and the stay made it even better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mel S
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Traveling with large dogs is always a problem as so many "dog friendly" hotels only take small dogs. We stayed in this hotel because they would take our pets. It was adequate for one night, seemed to be clean enough but I just wasn't overly impressed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Walterboro
Best Western of Walterboro
Best Western of Walterboro
#6 of 17 in Walterboro

Been to Best Western Point South? Share your experiences!