“Excellent Service and Room”

Best Western Point South
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Leland, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent Service and Room”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We are on an Overnight stop from Daytona Beach, FL on the way home. We are spending the night here. The staff is friendly and professional. The room is very comfortable and having Denny's on sight is very convenient. My sister's in law grand daughter who is 11 enjoyed the pool. We had a great dinner.

Room Tip: Great place to stop at if you have children prices are very reason able.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stopped here for an overnight between Savannah and Charleston. It is in a remote area with not much around for dining choices. The room was nice, clean and big. Free breakfast at Denny's and 20% off dinner with your room key. With not much to choose from, we went to Denny's for dinner. What a mistake! Service was horrible, food not so good and it was dirty. We passed on the free breakfast the next day! Again, hotel is nice for an overnight stop, just stay away from the Denny's!

Room Tip: Do not go to the Denny's!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is an average Best Western with friendly staff, clean and well maintained room and as a stopover a great place. Nothing exceptional, but nothing bad. Since they are connected with the Denny's by offering a free breakfast I will mention it here. Don't. Don't go in, don't eat there, don't even consider it. As far as Denny's go it is average, which is to say yuck. It actually cost a full ball in my hotel review as they offer discounts there. Save some heartache and go to the Waffle House.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
city island, new york
Reviewed May 15, 2013

stayed in the pet friendly room on the courtyard side--very easy to let the dogs out for a quick peeps--the room was clean and had the basic necessities--there is a deny's right attached to the hotel so it was very convenient just eat there--the free breakfast is served at that deny's as well--the staff was friendly and checked me in no time--very safe area and right off the I-95---great for woman traveling on there own and with their dogs

Room Tip: if you're traveling with your pet get the rooms on the inside of the property for easy walking
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank toni175
Williamsburg, Va
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stopped for only one night. While registering for room, I inquired about Harley riders discount, to which the young lady behind the counter had no clue of. So, I'm assuming that I received the AARP discount. She registered me for the Rewards program, only to find out later that she registered me with my first and middle name, so now I'll need to fix that. The room was average, water in shower smelled funny...like a lot of chemicals. There is a Denny's attached and we received 20% dinner for staying at the hotel, that was great. Plus a free breakfast. Overall, the room was acceptable for the evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Point South on April 19th, 2013 , I just wanted to make all travellers aware of a scam that was tried wih us.
Someone called our room at 11:00pm claiming to be the front desk, they said there was a computer problem and they neeeded to check us in again, they requested our Name, and billing address, and then our credit card. He said if we did they would offer a discount to our price on the room, I told him,I would be down to discuss the issue,as i dont give my credit card over the phone, he said give him 1/2 an hour as he was very busy at the front desk, (although he had time to call me yeah right) I went down to the desk and of course there was no one there but two female employees. They told me that anyone can call the hotel and pick a room number to dial without gowing through the front desk. The girl wrote down the information and said the manager would call me to discuss the issue on Monday April 22nd 2013.
I called the manager to discuss it on the 23rd since they didnt call and he didnt show any interest in helping me with the issue.
He said he never heard of the issue yet the girl had written in their log book, and as i was checking out, the log book was open, and i could read that two other rooms received the same call and complained..

Beware!!!! I undersatnd the call may have and most probably came from outside the hotel however this is a security issue that can be resolved by the hotel having the call directed by the front desk and not allowing direct room calling from outside.
The two girls at the front desk mentioned the phone system was recently chamged to allow outside calls?????? Why???
Beware fellow travellers, the manager showed no interest in resolving the issue,, he even said quote " we dont have any men on staff for checking in" shows he never listened to a thing I said...I had to say again the call obviously came from outside the Hotel and not one of your staff members.....
WOW great customer service RAJ

Room Tip: Unplug the phone,,,,,,they cant reach you this way
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AndrewKnows
RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I want to deeply apologize to the experience you had. I would like to let you know that after you called I did change the front system to where the calls are directed by the front desk. I value and appreciate my customers feedback. I also have called Japser County Police and filed a report about the issue. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Thanks and Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2013

thought was a bit pricey. Pool was not in operation. hotel on the old side but they seem to be working hard to keep it up.Few major television stations did not come in well. In a very sparsely populated area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hampton Inn Yemassee/Point South
Econo Lodge Walterboro
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 17 in Walterboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Walterboro

Been to Best Western Point South? Share your experiences!