By far the worst place I have ever stayed my entire life.
1. The lobby: Reeked of curry! No, not the "hint of something cooking" kind, but the "I vacuum the disgusting carpets with curry seasoning" kind. That is the only thing my friends could smell on me when I came back to the car. That smell alone made me want to vomit. Which probably would have made the lobby look nicer and more tolerable.
2. The room: where to begin? I don't mind if a hotel room is outdated especially if I am getting a good deal to stay there, however outdated and disgusting is a problem. There was a full size refrigerator- that did not work. So all it pretty much did was take up valuable space in the room. However it did hide some of the filthy stained carpet so I suppose it did in fact serve a useful purpose. Next to the non working fridge was a microwave...sitting on the floor. They really couldn't put it any place other than the floor? Anyplace? On second thought, it also hid more of the filthy stained carpet so maybe useful after all. The sheets had stains and a varied assortment of unidentified particles (crossing our fingers that there were no bed bugs or anything worse). I'm sure the comforter has never been washed and I would be surprised if the sheets were any better. The carpet was just disgusting. There are no ways to adequately describe it. Also, the lamp in between the beds had 2 seperate lights: one normal and the other fluorescent pink (which I'm guessing is the mood lighting for the soon-to-be-mentioned clientele-see 4.) The only highlight of the room was that someone had drawn a likeness of Bart Simpson on the nightstand and the "cleaning crew" was to lazy (or non existent) to notice and remove it.
3. The bathroom: Here's a fun one! The towels smelled stale as if they hadn't been washed in about 3 decades and were very stained. The sink and the shower had scum and stains all over them. There was hair in the bathtub and large water stains on the wall paper. It was the only time I felt worse getting out of the shower than into. We sacrificed a pair of flip flops because we refused to stand in the shower tub because it was so nasty. When the shower is turned on and the bathroom heats up, it begins to emit a smell so vulgar that beats out the smell of freshly curried carpet. The showers were short if for no other reason than you can only shower as long as you can hold your breath.
4. The Clientele: The Carolina Lodge (and the people in the room next to us) gave the impression of a rent by the hour establishment. We got no sleep during the one night we stayed there because the thin walls allowed the lofting moaning sounds and the banging of the headboard from the next room to come through. As we drove through the parking lot we could see other vehicles with out of state plates signaling that we weren't the only ones who actually believed that a room you rent should be held to some sort of standard.
I may make it my personal mission to get this place shut down. I'm leaving this review at every possible place...it was really that bad!
For the record, Trip Advisor is making me rate this place with at least 1 out of 5. I would never consider giving it such a high review. Terrible does not even begin to describe it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carolina Lodge Ridgeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.