“A nice local joint with good Southern food at a good price!”
Review of The Bar-B-Q Grill

The Bar-B-Q Grill
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My Saturday lunch visit to this small BBQ joint while passing through was a pleasurable one. The staff was your typical Southern hospitality gracious in so many ways. The buffet had lots of variety and all that I tried was very good. If you are partial to collards, fried chicken livers and gizzards along with some good BBQ this is the place for you. The buffet was $8.99 and included a drink. The BBQ was tender and flavorful including both your standard plain and wet with sauce. It is obviously the place for locals which says a lot considering all the chain options that are close by. If you just filled your tank and you are looking for a quick place that is not overly crowded for some good Southern food this is the place for you.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nothing fancy here except delicious barbeque and friendly folks. We chose this over the pizza buffet, but i'm thinking they have common ownership. This is some really tasty SC BBQ. Everything is really fresh. Servers are incredibly kind and friendly. A really nice country/southern restaurant. You can't go wrong if you're in the mood for some BBQ. My kids enjoyed it too and they're not big pork fans (they stuck with fried chicken). Don't pass this place up. If you're traveling I-95 Thurs-Sat, then stop on by!

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

While not usually a fan of buffets, this one was excellent. The selection was more than adequate, the food was hot and fresh and really tasty. The BBQ was as good as we have ever had. We will go back when we are in the area.

1  Thank Shay W
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Cool little country place to eat. Nice, clean, friendly staff!!! The BBQ sauce is good!!! Great real Home cooking!!!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We were so lucky we couldn't find Jasper's Porch. We ate at Paula Deen's the night before, and BBQ Grill's could easily go head to head. The buffet had so many fresh selections of Southern home style sides that were light and flavorful. I especially liked the cole slaw, stewed cabbage, sweet potatoes, field peas. In all, about ten sides. And the meat, bbq pork, was so tender and flavorful. In Austin, TX, where I am from, I live a mile from one of the most famous bbq places in the USA, Franklin's BBQ, and I think if had a choice, I'd come here. Hands down.