“Service Was Good!! Food Rated Below Zero!!”
Review of Jasper's Porch - CLOSED

Jasper's Porch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lakefront Dining on I-95 Exit 21 in South Carolina featuring Low Country Cuisine - local fresh fish and shrimp - family oriented with fish feeding porch for the children. Dine on screen porch overlooking the lake with giant grass carp, turtles and alligators! Great menu selections at reasonable prices. Pet Friendly! Sandwiches, soups, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full bar and private room for special gatherings. Southern Hospitality and friendly service. EZ On & Off I-95.
Los Angeles, California
“Service Was Good!! Food Rated Below Zero!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I was recently in this town for business. On Saturday I got the lunch buffet! The service was good but the food was terrible! Overlooked meats and vegetable , cold mashed potatoes, biscuits and corn muffins that felt like they can out of a package that was in the ice box.
On Monday evening I gave them the benifit of the doubt that it was just a bad event. I ordered off the menu. What a mistake. I ordered fried chicken, French Fries and cole slow. The chicken looked like it has sat in oil for hours you would pick it up and oil would drop off it. The fries tasted like they were left overs and just reheated! Didn't even eat the food asked for the check and left! This place is a poor excuse for a Resteraurant to serve food like this to its customers.
Don't waste your time on this place!!
Burger King would be gourmet compared to this place!! Stay Away!!!

Jacksonville, FL
“Nice View, good fried chicken, good sweet potatos”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The view from the porch was refreshing from the long drive to and from NJ. We selected the lunch buffett, even though the variety and selection was strictly okay. Salad bar portion had lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber, croutons, ranch, italian, thousand island, maybe french. Soup was beef vegetable. The corn bread looked sweet, and possibly dry-I avoided it, my husband used it to sop gravy. There was good fried chicken, my husband's had sat too long in a condensation puddle and was soggy in one section. He had the meatloaf which was okay. I had the Potatos au gratin (okay), fried okara (okay) and green beans (eh). There were canned peas, rice and gravy also on the buffett. The rice needed the gravy, which was slightly greasy and possessed a back burn on the tongue that was alarming. The sweet potatos were very tasty, not over or under cooked, cut in big exposed hunks with what tasted like cinnamon, molasses, and a touch of butter. The coconut cream pie was good, unfortunately, I have had better. I felt more greens, squash, and okra and tomatos in the cooked section I would believe they are "southern" and "low country". Bell pepper, and green onion were missing-any "low country meal" I've had includes these two items, whether in the salad or the cooking.

Naples, Florida
“This used to be a gem but is no longer”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We previously ate at this restaurant regularly on our trips back and forth from FL. The view from the porch is unique. Cleanliness has recently become is a big issue. Most recently, I had the lunch buffet. Salad plates had sitting water, probably from the dishwasher. I pointed this out to a waitress who dumped the water from one and handed it to me. My silverware had particles of stuck food. There was some confusion over which waitress would help us and service was slow for my husband. Buffet food varied. Some was very good and other items were very overcooked or overwhelmed by bacon. We will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
West Melbourne, Florida
“Great value for breakfast”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this place during an road trip from Florida to North Carolina. We saw the billboard and decided to try it instead of fast food or a chain. The service was a little slow because one server hadn't shown up. The breakfast was cheap and the pancakes were nice and fluffy.

There was a sweet cat on the porch and we were wondering if that was Jasper!

orlando, fl
“Yummy Y'all - Great Southern Buffett”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Yum! What a great place to stop for lunch when traveling, FORGET Cracker Barrell... This is the real deal Southern Home Cooking and it has good atmosphere for that vibe too! We hate chain restaraunts, this is a great lunch alternative... About 45 seconds off I95 at Exit 21, look for the sign because it's off the main road on a little pond with HUGE Carp, Turtles and we even saw one small Aligator. We tried the She Crab Soup and the Lunch Buffett. Buffett was clean and delicious. Our favorite items were the Fried Chicken (Awesome!), the Coconut Cream Pie and OMG THE STRABERRY CAKE. Yum! Great find for lunch on the road. We will be back next time we pass by.