“Run for your life when you come across Jaspers porch or you will want to jump off that porch.. HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jasper's Porch - CLOSED

Jasper's Porch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lakefront Dining on I-95 Exit 21 in South Carolina featuring Low Country Cuisine - local fresh fish and shrimp - family oriented with fish feeding porch for the children. Dine on screen porch overlooking the lake with giant grass carp, turtles and alligators! Great menu selections at reasonable prices. Pet Friendly! Sandwiches, soups, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full bar and private room for special gatherings. Southern Hospitality and friendly service. EZ On & Off I-95.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

The first time that i review a restaurant this bad... Me and my husband Just walked out the place a minute ago....reading some past reviews i just dont understand how can some people call this place a hidden GEM.... This is by far the worset restaurant if you want to call it one .. On our way down to florida our gps directed us to this place as the only place to eat around the area.. We decided to give it a try.. Upon walking in we were confuse where to sit .. we were greated by the bartener who was playing on his phone and didnt bother to stand up and direct us.. Finally the waitress set us outside on the porch.. The place stunk and was too dark..the waitress took our drink orders and walked away.. She came back with a basket with sweet bread and butter.. We looked for bread plates but there were none.. We got our drinks and asked her what she would recomend from the menu.. Her respond was im new at this place i was trainned for two days was off another two and today when i came back the menu was changed????? Huh.. I ordered jaspers special salad / grilled chicken with mix greens and my husband ordered the chicken quisadias .. It took awhile for the food to get there .. When it finally arrived my salad had no mix greens but a head of chopped regular lettuces , the grilled chicken had no flavor , no salt or pepper and was cut in little pieces kids size.. When i asked for balsamic vinegar and oil dressing she didnt know what balsamic vinegar was... Huh who doesnt know what balsamic vinegar is????? only the staff of Jaspers Porch Anyway,she brought me olive oil which was nothing but sunflower oil... My husbands quisadias were nothin but a card board no cheese no taste..the waitress was. sweet and nice, Under trainned , after all it wasnt her fault.. We pretended we ate and asked for the check.. It is saterday night and the place was dead that should of been a huge clue that we missed... Payed and ren out of there.... Im sorry to say it again but JASPERS PORCH is a shame to the restaurant bussiness ..

Morganton, North Carolina, United States
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate there tonight while in town. First, the service was terrible. Young girl was rude and the most attention she gave us was when she was standing over us as we were getting the cash together to pay her! We overheard the managers saying they were short handed tonight, but considering there were not that many people in there, the waitress still could have been courteous. When we receive our food, which was the special of fish and shrimp, it was cold most likely because it had been sitting around. It didn't smell good and the fish was mushy! Shrimp was ok, but would have been better warm. Wouldn't have done any good to send it back because our waitress was no where to be found. I have never wrote a review before on a restaurant, but this was the worst fish I have ever had at a restaurant. The only good thing was the sweet tea. We will not return because of the nasty food and horrible service!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Wonderful Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Found this hidden gem just off 95. I had a wonderful burger and my wife had the She Crab Soup (which I sampled) and it was wonderful. We also tried a plate of fried pickles, I highly recommend them. The place was clean and service was good. Our kids enjoyed feeding the turtles from the back porch.

1 Thank dolphinfan200013
Milton, Delaware
“Low Country Cooking Right Off the Interstate in S.C.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were driving back from Florida and wanted a quick lunch when our GPS provided us with a little bonus called Jasper's Porch, a real break from the dozens of fast food restaurants that dot
I-95. Jasper's is right off Exit 21 in Ridgeland, SC, and they happened to have a terrific buffet of low country Southern cooking, including one of the best pieces of fried chicken I've ever had, and a very tasty barbecue-style meat loaf. With such fresh sides as smashed potatoes, homemade mac and cheese and fried eggplant slices among other choices, it was quite easy to find something good to eat. Homemade desserts of sweet potato pie, vanilla pudding (with crumbled Vanilla Wafers) and other homemade cakes were mouth-watering, to say the least. After a small glitch, whereby the hostess forgot to tell the waitress that she was taking care of our table, service was quite good after the mix-up was resolved. Diners can also look out upon a nice lake behind the restaurant. All in all, quite the bargain for under $10. They also serve breakfasts and dinners. This sure beats stopping at a chain restaurant, as it is truly one of a kind.

1 Thank BKtheRetiree
SC
“Pretty Darn Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch last week. Well, this is a little hidden gem! We had the $8.99 buffet including soft drinks and the food was very good. Fried and baked chicken, BBQ country ribs, greens with ham hock, string beans, macaroni and cheese, rice, gravy, black eyed peas, biscuits, corn muffins were on the menu. Dessert was banana pudding, coconut cream pie, sweet potato pie and a couple of different cakes. One small drawback was the sweet potato pie was way too sweet for us but we quickly substituted it for the banana pudding. We enjoyed our meals and would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013