“Wonderful Burger”
Review of Jasper's Porch - CLOSED

Jasper's Porch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lakefront Dining on I-95 Exit 21 in South Carolina featuring Low Country Cuisine - local fresh fish and shrimp - family oriented with fish feeding porch for the children. Dine on screen porch overlooking the lake with giant grass carp, turtles and alligators! Great menu selections at reasonable prices. Pet Friendly! Sandwiches, soups, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full bar and private room for special gatherings. Southern Hospitality and friendly service. EZ On & Off I-95.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Found this hidden gem just off 95. I had a wonderful burger and my wife had the She Crab Soup (which I sampled) and it was wonderful. We also tried a plate of fried pickles, I highly recommend them. The place was clean and service was good. Our kids enjoyed feeding the turtles from the back porch.

1  Thank dolphinfan200013
There are newer reviews for Jasper's Porch

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were driving back from Florida and wanted a quick lunch when our GPS provided us with a little bonus called Jasper's Porch, a real break from the dozens of fast food restaurants that dot
I-95. Jasper's is right off Exit 21 in Ridgeland, SC, and they happened to have a terrific buffet of low country Southern cooking, including one of the best pieces of fried chicken I've ever had, and a very tasty barbecue-style meat loaf. With such fresh sides as smashed potatoes, homemade mac and cheese and fried eggplant slices among other choices, it was quite easy to find something good to eat. Homemade desserts of sweet potato pie, vanilla pudding (with crumbled Vanilla Wafers) and other homemade cakes were mouth-watering, to say the least. After a small glitch, whereby the hostess forgot to tell the waitress that she was taking care of our table, service was quite good after the mix-up was resolved. Diners can also look out upon a nice lake behind the restaurant. All in all, quite the bargain for under $10. They also serve breakfasts and dinners. This sure beats stopping at a chain restaurant, as it is truly one of a kind.

1  Thank BKtheRetiree
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch last week. Well, this is a little hidden gem! We had the $8.99 buffet including soft drinks and the food was very good. Fried and baked chicken, BBQ country ribs, greens with ham hock, string beans, macaroni and cheese, rice, gravy, black eyed peas, biscuits, corn muffins were on the menu. Dessert was banana pudding, coconut cream pie, sweet potato pie and a couple of different cakes. One small drawback was the sweet potato pie was way too sweet for us but we quickly substituted it for the banana pudding. We enjoyed our meals and would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went to this place because we didn't want to eat fast food. Should of ate fast food! My hubby and I decided to spilt the seafood sampler. Scallops, fish and shrimp were very salty and over-cooked. Didn't get the oysters that were supposed to come with the meal. Waitress said cook was "new." Yeah right! If you drive this way, don't waste your time. Find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Easy on and off I-93. Great atmosphere. Okay prices. Good, fresh food. We enjoyed the Sunday buffet and got to sample a variety of Southern foods. Be aware that you can't order off the menu on Sundays-- buffet only. Buffet included things such as: baked beans, fried chicken, baked fish, collard greens, bean salad, pies, etc. Were we to be in the area we would likely go again. The atmosphere 'sealed the deal' for us as we could dine on the porch and stroll a walking path around their pond after dining.