“Don't stop here, trust me, just don't!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jasper's Porch - CLOSED

Jasper's Porch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lakefront Dining on I-95 Exit 21 in South Carolina featuring Low Country Cuisine - local fresh fish and shrimp - family oriented with fish feeding porch for the children. Dine on screen porch overlooking the lake with giant grass carp, turtles and alligators! Great menu selections at reasonable prices. Pet Friendly! Sandwiches, soups, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full bar and private room for special gatherings. Southern Hospitality and friendly service. EZ On & Off I-95.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Don't stop here, trust me, just don't!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling up I-95 and saw the billboard for Jasper's Porch and though we should we stop for dinner about 8:20 pm.

The restaurant was only about half full and we were immeadiatley seated. So we sat...and sat....and sat. As I was sitting there contemplating just leaving my girlfriend got up in frustration and asked the hostess if she sat us in a closed section. The hostess responded with a blank stare and a "huh?"

So then we finally saw our waitress who took our drink order and as she quickly turned to leave, I informed her we were ready to order. Afterall, we had time to memorize the menu.

Again we sat, and sat and sat, this time with empty drinks and no visit from the server. After nearly an hour of this neglect we left left. We flagged down another hostess to pay for our teas. She did apologize and asked who are server was and said she would check on our food. I informed that we had made up our minds and we had wasted enough time already.

As we walked out the door we overheard the a staff member comment "well...it wasn't MY table!"

Obviously, I can't rate the food, but from the looks of the sparse buffett and neighboring tables plates, it didn't look that good. We went to Dairy Queen drive-thru and got on with our lives.

What a shame...and I'm not even a picky person!

1 Thank Brian L

NYC
“Just Continue on I-95”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was looking forward to my meal at Jasper's Porch after having read the good reviews here. I guess we went at a bad time. The service was painfully slow. Our waitress abandoned us for a party of 15 people but nobody who worked there cared enough to send anyone to check on us until I got up and walked over to a staff member to have them send our waitress to our table. The fried onion appetizer was so greasy we couldn't eat it. We were told it would be taken off our bill but, it was still on the bill when it was time to pay. We got that corrected. The fried chicken was so greasy that it was barely edible as well.

Do yourself a favor and continue on I-95. I wouldn't eat here again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane R
Coshocton, Ohio
“Great Hidden Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Tried this gem through Restaurant.com and was very pleased. Great stop for all........The family, the sport fan for big screen in the bar area, for a quite dinner on the enclosed porch over the lake, to a grand meal in their dining room. Prices, menu selections and service is excellent. Somewhat tricky to find, so keep a look out for their signs. Very close to and east off/on to I95. We will certainly make this one a frequent stop going South.

• Visited December 2012
Maryland
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Florida from Maryland
And needed a break from the trip. We saw the sign for Jaspers and the fact that there were a couple of hotels nearby.......we thought we'd give it a try. We r so glad we did! We wanted a casual meal and a few drinks. We opted for the lounge. The bartender Aimed greater us with a smile and promptly made our drinks. All of the customers at the bar were very friendly as well. We ordered the buffalo oysters, fried green tomatoes and a chicken quesadilla. All were tummy! Generous portions, served hot. We met Bubba and hike suggested we would like the onionrings. They were huge and delicious. We had to take doggie bags! Thanks to Aimee and Bubba for a great evening ! We Will be back!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good Sunday Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We always plan to stop at Jasper's if we are passing through Ridgeland, SC on Sunday. Good home cooking, fried chicken, mustard greens, cornbread etc. On the Sunday after Thanksgiving we were lucky to get there around one thirty p.m. as the place had been packed at noon.

No problems with the service, food was good, washroom was clean and the owner was helpful.
He saved us from spending a lot of time sitting on I-95 southbound by telling us to take US-17 down to Savannah instead.

We'll be stopping there again!

• Visited November 2012