“What a find!”
Review of Jasper's Porch - CLOSED

Jasper's Porch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lakefront Dining on I-95 Exit 21 in South Carolina featuring Low Country Cuisine - local fresh fish and shrimp - family oriented with fish feeding porch for the children. Dine on screen porch overlooking the lake with giant grass carp, turtles and alligators! Great menu selections at reasonable prices. Pet Friendly! Sandwiches, soups, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full bar and private room for special gatherings. Southern Hospitality and friendly service. EZ On & Off I-95.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Florida from Maryland
And needed a break from the trip. We saw the sign for Jaspers and the fact that there were a couple of hotels nearby.......we thought we'd give it a try. We r so glad we did! We wanted a casual meal and a few drinks. We opted for the lounge. The bartender Aimed greater us with a smile and promptly made our drinks. All of the customers at the bar were very friendly as well. We ordered the buffalo oysters, fried green tomatoes and a chicken quesadilla. All were tummy! Generous portions, served hot. We met Bubba and hike suggested we would like the onionrings. They were huge and delicious. We had to take doggie bags! Thanks to Aimee and Bubba for a great evening ! We Will be back!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We always plan to stop at Jasper's if we are passing through Ridgeland, SC on Sunday. Good home cooking, fried chicken, mustard greens, cornbread etc. On the Sunday after Thanksgiving we were lucky to get there around one thirty p.m. as the place had been packed at noon.

No problems with the service, food was good, washroom was clean and the owner was helpful.
He saved us from spending a lot of time sitting on I-95 southbound by telling us to take US-17 down to Savannah instead.

We'll be stopping there again!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

All we can say is OMG! Yes, Oh My God! We are "Low Country" residents from Bluffton, (Hilton Head) South Carolina and are somewhat used to slooooooow service! This place takes the cake. Wait, there's more! It's Saturday night and we, (three couples) decided on Jasper's Porch. At 6:30 PM, we arrive and Jasper's, is not busy. The waitress (Kari K.) took our drink order and 15 minutes later returned with them and took our appetizer order.

We ordered appetizers and our dinner order at the same time. another 15 minutes pass and we are searching for our waitress. Kari is not to be found. by this time, our drinks are empty and no waitress. 20 minutes later our appetizers arrive and we order and another round of drinks! Hang on, it gets better!

Another 20 minutes pass and our dinner entry arrives, but there are only five dinners, not six! As we sat there awaiting the final sixth dinner, we hear a "CRASH" next to the kitchen. My wife says to all of us, "I bet that was the dinner (Southern fried Chicken) we are waiting for." We are told by the person missing the sixth dinner to "Go Ahead EAT."

We waited and waited and finally, we asked another waitress where our last dinner was and she calmly said, " there was an accident in the kitchen." Next, 10 minutes later, our waitress appears and very apologetic says we are under new management, it will be another 20 minutes before the Southern Fried Chicken dinner would be ready. She explains that there is another Chicken dinner (baked) that she could deliver in two to three minutes. Our guest agrees and takes most of it home.

When we arrived, we ordered three separate checks (one for each couple) and after dinner, were presented with one check for the six of us. Some paid with cash others by credit card, one couple had a Jaspers Porch dining voucher. The 18% gratuity had been added to the total (single check) and splitting the dinners into three separate checks was not what she wanted to do.

Now, the waitress had a mental meltdown. In the end, I paid for our drinks and the check for couple next to us. I don't know what they paid for but on the ride home we all agreed, we will Never, Ever, go back to Jasper's porch. It is now after 9:00 PM.

There are a lot of wonderful restaurants in South Carolina's Low Country but Jaspers is not one of them! if you want a "Low Country dining experience go to Pepper's Porch in downtown Bluffton, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by this place with my family on the way from charleston for a quick lunch. We were interested in the "low country" fare but found only a menu full of fried foods. Although the restaurant was virtually empty it took 15 minutes for drinks to be brought and we didn't get our silverware until after the food was delivered. My daughter ordered the kids pasta and when the rest of the food had been brought to the table the waitress asked if she would like to pick something else from the menu because the kitchen had "tried and tried, but they could not get the pasta to come out right". The Rueben sandwich was good, and the oyster po boy was too but the fish and chips my son had was so-so. Oh and the tartar sauce arrived in a bottle with an expiration date from September ! The buffet looked gross. The gravy for the potatoes had a thick crust of skin over it and the items clearly had not been refreshed in a long time. Overall the inside of the place did not look clean and even the bathroom had watered down soap so I question the hygiene of those that work there! Best to keep driving!

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling north on I-95 looking for something other than fast food or national chains. Saw the sign and decided to try it. The Southern soul food was delicious, fried chicken was "finger-lickin" good. Besides good food, dining on the screen porch overlooking the lake was refreshing. Would stop here again.