“Great pizza”
Review of Mamitas Pizzeria - MOVED

Mamitas Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: The best Pizza Restaurant within 50 miles of Panama City FL, or it's free. Guaranteed. Rich olive oil, fresh roasted garlic, sun-ripened tomato sauce. The tastiest crust you'll ever have. Come to Mamita's Pizzeria Restaurant and enjoy every mouth-watering bite!
“Great pizza”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great food at a great value. Atmosphere & service could use a little help. Wonderful owners that care.

Richmond, Virginia
“Some of the best pizza I've ever had in my life, with the best owners I've ever met!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I know what you're thinking - "There's no way pizza in South Carolina is going to be any good, especially in a no-name town like Ridgeland." Boy, are you wrong. This pizza is amazing and easily exceeds pizza I've eaten from around the states, including the pizza capitals of New Jersey, New York, Philly, LA, Chicago, you name it. The crust is perfect, the toppings are fresh, and they have a lot of other fun stuff on the menu that's not pizza - try a wedgie or the wings. A real mom and pop type of place - the staff here is wonderful, and the food is even better. Take note of the hours before you go, because they're only open in the afternoons during the week. Not a ton of seating, but I've been a few times now, and don't think I've even been left without a table. If you're anywhere in the area, I promise you won't find better food, and if you're passing through, make the stop - it's right off 95. I stop and get some every time I make the drive to FL.

• Visited November 2011
Provo UT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Quite simply the best pizza you'll find at the best price. The crust is to die for and everyone there is so friendly. A must see for everyone.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Perfect for families with children!”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I live in coastal Ga and our children and grandchildren live in Mid South Carolina. Every summer we meet them halfway and get the grands for a week.
It has always been an issue of where to meet because half way seemed to be in the middle of nothing but 'exit type' fast food places. This year we decided to try to find a better place since the kids, ages 9,7,5, needed to be able to stretch and eat.

Based on several trip advisor reviews, we chose Mamitas Pizzeria. The owners were such nice,friendly people. They let us move tables together and use their facilities to clean up the kids. The Pizza was great and the price was very reasonable. As a 'first timer's extra, the owner made us homemade cinnamon rolls which were yummy!

It is much easier to find than the directions would lead you to believe. It is just a short 3-5 minute drive from the interstate. It is well worth the drive!

On our trip back to take the children home, we asked the grands where they wanted to eat, thinking they would chose a fast food place. They wanted to go back to Mamitas..so we went back and had the same experience.

It will definately be our 'go to' place when we need to eat on the trip to SC.

• Visited June 2011
HHI,SC
“Quite Simply The Very Best”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

As a Foodie I have long bemoaned the fact that S.C. & Savannah seem to lack any of the
little out of the way places that you go to for a lifetime. Many advertised on the Food Net
Work are in fact just a bit above mediocre; many great ones do not deliver the advertised
quality or consistency. After being told about this place I finally decided to stop in when
passing through town. Being a Wednesday it did not open until 5 pm so I looked it over
and left. Next day while on a motorcylce run I stopped in to look around being skeptical
about a place that far off a main road. I decided to go ahead and try the pizza that day.
Dough ; made onsite w/ filtered water. Perfect consitency, medium thick, no bubbling.
Tomato Sauce : smooth consistency, not tart or acidic, perfect platform for ingredients.
Ingredients : fresh explosion of flavor blends in complete harmony ( try the all meat.)
Cheese : Motz based combo. Not as much as I prefer: but a Perfect Marriage of flavor.
Oven : Conventional brick, if you love perfect pizza bronze bottoms. Not too hot splty.oven
Final Detail; Garlic Butter wash on exposed outer crust and plating not found at Spagos.
As a former multi-unit manager in Ca. I think I know a bit about all Styles: This beats any
New York, Chicago, or West Coast Presentation Hands Down No Questions Asked. The
operation is very cordial and professional. Worth the effort to experience: Justr try it Once.
After seeing this place the first time: I thought it might either be a Front or The Best Pizza
Shop in the Country. I now have my answer, Am a regular & ( Intend to Tell No One !!!!!!!)

• Visited April 2011