“Great Quick Stay!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here while on the way back up to NY from Florida. I checked in about midnight without any problem and Pearl the clerk was very nice! Got a good rate for a quick stay...only about 8 hours. This hotel had a name change to Quality Inn, and evidently they must have made some improvements, because this property to me was rally nice. The room was clean and spacious as well as being nicely furnished. The bathroom was big enough also, unlike the Quality Inn in Hollywood, Florida which had a tiny bathroom, and that place was very run down. Not this location though. I can't comment on the breakfast though, I only had a cup of coffee and some juice. What really impressed my however, was the way the lobby looked. Very nice decor and the indoor pool looked fantastic! They also have a nice looking outdoor pool. I had no problem with any exterior noises from other rooms which someone commented on. I wish more hotels looked like this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Neal F

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here Tuesday, May 28, 2013 on our way north from SW Florida to Maine. Have stayed here many times before and it just doesn't change...easy off/on from I95, reasonable breakfast, pet friendly, quiet...if you remember to ask for room away from the "highway"..average stay!! As far as dinner next door at Jacob's Porch........think twice and look elsewhere.

Room Tip: On the back away from I95............
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stopped here after driving for 15 hours, so we were exhausted. Being that tired, I should have been able to sleep, but it's like the walls and door weren't even there. I could *clearly* hear the tv in the next room, and it was POURING out and hearing the rain hit the ground I thought the door was open, but there was a huge gap under it so I guess it kind of still was open. The only way I got some sleep was to make sure the fan was set to "on", roll up toilet paper to stick in my ears, and cover both ears with pillows. On the plus side- there's a mini fridge/freezer which was nice to keep our drinks cold for the rest of the drive down to FL the next day, and we weren't expecting much for breakfast but it was actually pretty good (bigger than usual variety for a "free" breakfast and my husband said the eggs were very good) and the lady taking care of it was very nice and attentive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Loves the indoor pool which our room was directly across from. We got a handicapped room and the very accomodating. Breakfast was awesome with a great selection. Very restful stay, quite and will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Inside rooms give you the feeling of being outdoors by palm trees. Nice breakfast, nice people. Right off the highway makes it very easy to "come & go". Allows pets, so that is always a plus for us! Unfortunately, not many restaurants to walk to.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite upgrade
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a clean, friendly, well-run motel with wi-fi and a decent breakfast buffet (hot and cold cereals, bagels and pastries, fruit juice, coffee both decaf and regular, milk, eggs, etc.), close to the Interstate. Pet friendly, so we get to bring our dog. Best of all, there's a lovely restaurant behind the motel, Jasper's Porch, where we receive a 10% discount if we tell them we're staying at the motel. Jasper's Porch has a real porch, right beside the river, where we enjoy our fine Southern meal served by a very nice wait staff. It's a high spot on the long drive between New England and Florida. We plan the trip to arrive there before 5 so there's time to freshen up and enjoy a relaxed dinner before turning in. Rooms are comfortable and getting off to an early start the next day is easy. I understand there are attractions in the area that people traveling more leisurely would enjoy, but we haven't taken the time to check them out.

Room Tip: All rooms equally acceptable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tinyblonde
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not the quality usually associated with comfort inn. Beds uncomfortable. Staff very nice and helpful. Restaurant behind hotel was terrible. Service very slow and only informed us of two items we could get off the menu. Another waitress told customer next to us about same two plus four others items. Buffett was terrible. Food terrible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Best Western Point South
#2 of 6 in Yemassee
Sleep Inn Beaufort
Sleep Inn Beaufort
#6 of 15 in Beaufort

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!