“All rooms are pet friendly, but I was told they are changing that”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Alburnett, Iowa
“All rooms are pet friendly, but I was told they are changing that”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

As a person with extreme allergies to dogs, cats, etc. It is very hard for me to say anywhere that pets are allowed. The first room that we were given had stains on the bed spread and on the floor. My eyes immediately started to itch. We went down and were told that all rooms were pet friendly, but they were remodeling and changing that policy. We were put at the very end of the hotel in a rarely used room with an outside door. It was clean and appeared that pets had not been in it recently. The person at the desk was very friendly and helpful..

Room Tip: Great for travelers with pets, but if you have allergies or children with allergies I would skip thi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sne1516

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Looking past the toilet that doesn't flush, I have issues with a place that advertises HBO and high speed internet then doesn't deliver either. The channel guide in the room didn't even match what was on the actual t.v (not that the manager or owner would ever actually sleep here and notice that). Advertised high speed Internet yet there is no connection in some rooms - even though they are aware of this they pretend there must be a problem and give you an 800 number. Call the number and in so much words they confirm the wifi at this place is a joke. This place needs to be honest and charge a price that reflects it's product and not con tired travelers.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Instantgrat

Travelers are raving about these Ridgeland hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stopped here on our way home to Maryland from Florida. This was a good clean standard chain hotel, no disappointment and no surprises. We stayed here in part because of the pool because we thought our daughter would want to swim, but we didn't end up using it.

The 2 adjoining standard double rooms we had were fine, just what we needed to give our infant son and my husband (coughing from a cold) good nights sleep separate from one another. We were happy that the desk manager in the evening when we showed up was very willing to bargain on the room rate, too, which made the difference for us to stay and not take a look at another location.

Breakfast was standard fare for these chains, but the woman servicing the meal kept the area nice and clean and was helpful to me in the morning when I showed up with my baby needing a highchair.

Beds were nothing spectacular but good enough for sleep after a long day on the road. Rooms might use an update, but honestly this is not a luxury stop, so I'm not even sure you can dock the hotel for older rooms -- what matters to me in this situation is cleanliness and this place came through. OK, it is a chain hotel, bordering on motel, so you know there have been many others using the space, but even so I felt it was clean enough to let our baby son crawl around on the floor and feel his freedom after a long day cooped up in the car seat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bayleaf71
Conover, NC
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family and I stopped here on our way to Florida. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beachgoers4
West Seneca, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We travel with our Golden Retriever and this will be our 3rd time back as we make our way to Florida again. This hotel is ideal for people that travel with their family pet. It's very clean and they have a nice complimentary breakfast to get you started in the morning. The location is great - right off I-95 along with having a gas station and a restaurant within walking distance. The staff is very pleasant. They have a beautiful pet-walk area around a very large pond. This hotel was recommended to us by my sister-in-law who travels with her dog and I would highly recommend it to others just the same :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane H
Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This hotel allows dogs, which is why I booked there. It was conveniently located directly off of I-95, so there was the traffic noise that was quite evident. However, while the mattresses aren't the latest ones they were comfortable and I slept great, which is all I wanted after driving for 9 hours.

The room was clean, the bathroom too. Carpet was a bit worn but it didn't look dirty and the room didn't have that smell you find in many pet friendly places.

If you are interested in simple unfancy rooms that are the basic motel type room, this is great for a one night intransit stay.

I didn't try the complimentary breakfast as I wanted to get back on the road. There is a nice indoor pool, which I didn't use but it looked inviting.

Room Tip: If you want an inside room expect to pay more. Perhaps ask before booking if you can have one at th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Shame on comfort inn for alloewing this place to be called a comfort inn. They used to be associated with clean value not any more. Past few comfort Inns were awful. Will not stay again

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank dotkrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Best Western Point South
Red Roof Inn Yemassee
Red Roof Inn Yemassee
#2 of 6 in Yemassee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!