“See items checked below .Overall this has not been a good...”

Travelodge Ridgeland
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hamilton
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last Friday night en route home from Florida. I accepted the walk in rate as I had not reserved ahead, but I have never, ever been refused my little AAA discount at any hotel, at any time....I was flatly refused. Told no discounts or coupons, period. The room was old and dingy, the top of the fridge had pop stains that had not been cleaned off. The plug in the sink area was too dangerous looking an wobbly to dare put my curling iron into. The sheets on the one bed were stained when I lifted the covers. The room was right beside the ice machine, so when we did try to sleep, all we heard till after midnite were people filling ice buckets!We checked in about 6pm went out for dinner, slept a few hrs...and got out of there at 4 am as we were so displeased. Didnt bother to stay for the free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Fairport, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was traveling with my 92-year old mother who has recently broken her hip and is using a walker or a cane. We saw an ad on I-95 for this Days Inn and as we were tired, pulled in. The Inn has two parking spaces for disabled travelers immediately in front of the portico over the entrance. However the curb cut through the sidewalk was blocked by a black SUV. This caused my mother some difficulty as she was forced to step up and then down to get to the front door.

As we were checking in, I asked the person at the reception desk if she knew who owned the blocking SUV, because it should be moved so that those parking in the disabled parking spots could more easily navigate into the Inn. She said that it was the owner and that she would notify them of the problem. The SUV remained parked in the same place, blocking the curb cut throughout our overnight stay.

The Inn was able to give us a ground-level room so that we could avoid the stairs. The room was fine, although painted in a vivid saffron-yellow that I found cheery, but which my mother found garish. We slept well. The shower water was hot. However, I had to cut open the soap packaging with scissors.

The breakfast the next morning was minimal with no fresh fruit and at first it appeared no milk or juice. However if one opened the refrigerator, one found a pitcher of milk and of orange Sunny D, as well as a spread for your toast or waffle. There were only three small tables in the breakfast area, so seating might be a problem if they were busy. USATodays were available for guests.

A quirk of Ridgeland, although hardly the fault of the Days Inn, is that none of the full-service restaurants are open on Sunday, so your dining options are limited to fast-food chains on that day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Yemassee/Point South
Red Roof Inn Yemassee
Red Roof Inn Yemassee
#2 of 6 in Yemassee

Been to Travelodge Ridgeland? Share your experiences!