“Nice Place”

Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Richburg
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Good value.Nice place, Great location. Quiet area and not to busy except the highway at the turn in point.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Maneklal P, General Manager at Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Richburg is a quite town located directly off of I-77 for travelers convince. We have a variety of of fast food and local restaurants in the in the area. We look forward to seeing you again on a future stay.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have stayed at this Super 8 several times, but our most recent stay until now was three years ago. They seem to have gone downhill in the interim.
Positive: The manager greeted us upon our arrival, and they gave us a room on the back of the property ,which was probably the quietest place in the motel.

Negative:There was a huge, noisy crowd in the parking lot and pool. It was Saturday night Memorial Day weekend, but, still, it was annoying. There were people singing right outside our door at 11 p.m.. Fortunately it did quiet down after midnight.

They charged my credit card for the actual price of both nights of our two-night stay at check-in. I'm used to paying upon my departure. And even though I paid up front for two nights, they set our room key for only one night. We had to go to the office to get it fixed.

Finally, it's lucky we came back in the middle of the day. We like it warm, and we usually keep our home at 77 degrees F. We had left both heat and air conditioning off in the room overnight. When the maid did our room, even though we were staying and she must have known that, she turned the air conditioning on and set it for 60 F. My lungs hurt at low temperatures; we had to open our room door and let the 80-degree weather in before I could stand to be in the room. It would have been worse to come back to that at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I' glad that you had a pleasant experience at check-in.It is our policy to charge up front for the room. If you happen to leave early and have paid the full rack rate for your room we have no problem refunded the room if you over pay. The keys are suppose to be set at the front desk for the number of nights you pay for the room. To avoid key deposits we have to older type key that is easily demagnetize by cell phones and microwaves.That's why we give them out with a protective sleeve to be able to keep the key working properly.
I do apologize for the noise at the pool and grill area. We typically close the pool at 10 pm to avoid any late night disturbances,and I apologize if the crowd did not quite down after that. Holiday weekends tend to be busier as a lot of families travel,and we like them to have a fun family experience while they're staying with us. However we do like them to take into account the other travelers who are trying to rest.
I do apologize for the a/c unit being cut on. Housekeeping is told to cut them on if they are off in stay over rooms, when it is to hot or to cold outside. We do this as a common courtesy to our guest so that their room is a comfortable temperature when they arrive back to their room. They are not suppose to cut it below 70 though,and I agree that 60 is way to cold for anyone.
We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Maneklal P, General Manager at Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Reviewed May 17, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were tired from driving and the only room available was filthy. The boxspring of one of the beds had some kind of body fluid stain on the side. This totally grossed me out and I was unable to sleep and couldn't feel comfortable even pulling the covers over me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Maneklal P, General Manager at Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry your stay with us was unpleasant. We work hard to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible and I hate that you did not enjoy your stay. We do have mattress protection covers on our bed to keep any beverages that may have been spilled off the mattress itself. I do apologize if something was on your mattress that caused your stay to be unpleasant. We have recently checked all our beds to ensure that they are protected and stain free.
M.s. Patel

Reviewed April 11, 2014

There were some strange goings-on throughout the night at this hotel. People were in and out of rooms and cars were in and out. Very noisy most of the night. The room was o.k. Pillows were lousy. We won't be back..

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Maneklal P, General Manager at Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I do apologize that you felt uncomfortable staying with us. At the moment our town is in the middle of adding a new restaurant,and we have multiple stay over guest in the hotel as a result. That causes a high volume in hotel traffic. The guest all have different work times and each guest runs their errands ,as they stay on a long term bases at the moment, at different times throughout the evening. I do apologize for any misconceptions this may have caused. I assure we are a very safe hotel,and the hotel property has a full surveillance system.
I apologize again,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richburg
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 24 in Rock Hill
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 7 in Richburg

Been to Super 8 Richburg/Chester Area? Share your experiences!