“Recent visit not quite as good as usual”

Front Porch Country Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Richburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Mannington
“Recent visit not quite as good as usual”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have eaten at the Front Porch whenever I was in Richburg for many years now, and the food has normally been excellent. It is a typical small-town meat-and-potatoes place; they have especially good fried green tomatoes and cornbread. On this particular visit the fried chicken did not quite come up to snuff; I think the cooking oil may have been off. The vegetables were as good as ever, which is very good.

Visited May 2014

Alapaha, Georgia
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just passing through I pulled in to grab a quick bite at the mdconalds when I saw the Front Porch. I love local places and there seemed to be quite a few local tags in the parking lot so I gave it a chance. It is a very down home place, I was seated quickly and met by a couple of friendly staff that took my order. I had the fried squash which was excellent as well as the hamburger steak which, along with all the fixings, tasted homemade. Plus the meal was very reasonably priced and I was back out on the road quickly. I don't know if I'll ever pass this way again but if so, I would definately eat her again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jgaskins43
Toronto, Canada
“a big disappointment this time”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We eat here on every trip heading south, a few times a year, for the past 8 years. Out stop at the FRONT PORCH was on the Memorial day weekend. I have always loved the food here as it is basic good ole southern fried food, desserts, sweet tea. I look forward to the trip knowing we will be eating here. big disappointment on this visit. The sweet tea was no longer of th same fabulous quality. Deep fried pickle serving was smaller and most of our food was delivered to table at room temperature. My fried chicken was the only thing that came to table hot from the fryer, but it had little to no flavor. I had to ask 6, yes 6 times, for my cornbread (comes with the meal) to be delivered to table. The green beans, mac and cheese and fried okra all arrived at our table only just barely warm. When we finally got the server to come back to the table, she was not sure how to correct the problem. My husbands baked chicken also arrived warm an our server said she could microwave it for him. He opted for fried chicken, which did arrive hot, bu h agreed with me that there was little flavouring. In the end, the staff are warm ad friendly, good ole southern hospitality, but when we went to pay the bill, no offerings were made for reimbursement of our "failed" meal. Quality and attention to food detail has definitely fallen by the wayside in this once fabulously southern style eatery. Don't think I will stop by again.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank wynterh8r
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stopped in Richburg on our way to get on a ship in Charleston, Had dinner here on a reccommendation from the hotel and they gave us a great place to eat. Food was great and they give you too much, had the BBQ plate and wife had the pork chops everything was very good. Got the fried squash as a side and had I known how good it was I probably would have just ordered several servings of it and made a meal out of that. Will make it a point to eat here again if driving thru S Caroina. Have already told several people about this place

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank bobertb
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good food,Good Service, Fair prices”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had the fried chicken and it was very good. My wife had the pork chops and thought they were very good. Portions were pretty good size. Not sure about everything being homemade.Server admitted the mashed potatoes were not real. Our meals came awfullyfast to me made fresh but were tasty non the less. Staff were all pleasant and attentive. Keptour drinks filled and checked on how the food was. Nice little restaurant, prices were good, $7.95 for a dinner. If I'm in the area again I would eat there.

• Visited May 2014