“Worth A Visit”

Front Porch Country Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Richburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Worth A Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

After driving for 7 plus hours, we just wanted a good dinner with no problems. The Front Porch was just the place. Arriving just before 6PM we were not surprised that it was busy. The hostess also bussed the tables, and it took a minute or two before we were seated at 1 of the 2 open tables. Service was a bit slow, but we noted there was a table of 10 and another of 7 who kept the waitresses busy. This gave us a few minutes to unwind, and did not mind the wait for our dinner. We both had the fried chicken which was very good. Side dishes were average for a small diner, but the apparently home made pie we each had for dessert was excellent. The waitresses help each other, and our sweet tea (very good) was always refilled. If you need to be fussed over or gourmet food, go elsewhere. But if you want simple fare that rivals home cooking this is the place.

• Visited October 2013

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great Southern Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you are from the south this place will make you feel like you at your mamas for Sunday dinner. If your are not from the south you can now experience what makes the south so great, southern food. This place is your typical meat and 3 and the selection is great. I had the baked chicken and yes I know as a true southern boy I should have went for the fried chicken. The baked chicken was flavorful and moist. The mac and cheese was very good and the biscuits were very good. Not as good as my moms but close. I am glad this place isn't close to my house or I would weigh 500lbs.

• Visited October 2013
Grosse Pointe
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Based on the outward appearance, I didn't think it'd be too good, but I was pleasantly surprised. Although the hush puppies were hard little rocks, the onion rings were excellent. My BLT could have used more mayo and tomatoes. I think if I would have asked, they would have given me more. I was tired from driving all day and didn't want to make a fuss. Service was good and the resturant, although very old fashioned gramma like, was clean and well maintained.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good, plain southern fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped here for lunch driving back home, and enjoyed it very much. My only complaint was that the fried chicken was a little bland, but it was perfectly cooked. I loved the sides, especially the mac & cheese.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“First time thar, Burnt Cornbread Incident”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Easy access.. SC Hwy 9, west of I-77.

New to region. Some locals recommended it. 3 of us went.
Very rough decor. Beat up tables.
Hostess/cashier/manager?? Nice. Interacted with us. Waitress just an order taker. Bus boy kept drinks re-filled.

It's a slow food restaurant. Don't be in a hurry....

Entrees:
Grilled chicken sandwich: Marinated breast on a hamburger bun w/ fries. No lettuce, tomatoes, or condiments. Had to ask for them. Fries crinkle cut-under cooked.
Fried chicken-white, fried green tomatoes, green beans, biscuit: Chicken over fried, dry. Tomatoes super thin & greasy. Had to blot off grease. Canned green beans-same as at home. Biscuit cold, but flavorful.
Steak & gravy, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, beets, cornbread: Frozen breaded salisbury meat. Lil bowl of taters w/ gravy. Lil bowl of beet balls out of a can.

They pride themselves on cornbread, but TOTALLY missed it this time.. The cornbread was burnt on the bottom and they served IT!!! I pointed it out to the waitress. She took it back, then came back with burnt bottom cut off!!! UR BETTER OFF SAYING WE DON'T HAVE ANY TODAY!!! Discussed with hostess/cashier/manager. We titled it the "Burnt Cornbread Incident."

Definitely not home made meal we anticipated.
High starch meals. Cheap.

• Visited July 2013