“gone downhill over the years”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richburg
Toronto, Canada
“gone downhill over the years”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are travelers between here and upper New York state several times a year. On our return to Florida, we have always stayed at this Comfort Inn Richburg, SC. On this last stop we noticed small changes indicating a real lack of pride in customer care. On a list of these small oversights, 1)we had booked our room weeks in advance and asked to be put in a ground floor room close to reception....(health issues). When we were checked in, we were place on the ground floor, but almost at the end of a long hallway. I noticed too that the hotel had very low occupancy.2)our top sheet on the bed had a stain. 3)The freezer compartment on our fridge was broken. 4) given this was the Memorial Day weekend, we arrived to a breakfast that offers hot items that were not only not hot, but had been sitting for awhile.....scrambled eggs and sausage rounds. The morning reception person was both receptionist breakfast server. 5) reception person available to us at checkout was neither friendly or accommodating. No greetings, no inquiry if our stay was pleasant, and no statements offered as to , " thank you for staying with us" or "have a nice day/safe travels. In the end....I will travel a few less miles and stay in Charlotte or a few more miles down the road closer to Columbia. This kind of service does not deserve my money.

Room Tip: if disabled, ask for ground floor as there is not an elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking out time to let us know how your stay was with us. I apologize most of all because you are a repeat customer. The service you received was unacceptable and the matter has been taken care. We do have an entirely new staff which was trained propertly, and this such behavior does not go on. I apologize for the conditon of the breakfast and condition of the room. I would love for you to give us another chance and I personally will make sure your stay is satisfying. We strive to make sure each and every stay is as comfortable and saitsifying as possible, and thats the service I want to make sure you receive. If you choose to stay with us again please contact me personally, and I will make sure your stay is as acceptable as possible. Respectfully, Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Midland Park, NJ
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stopped here on the way home from my brothers wedding in Beaufort, SC, It was late on a Saturday night and it had been along day so we were tired. We like staying in Comfort Inns so we decised to stop. As soon as we walked in we saw they had the Nascar All star race on in the lobby so we knew this was an ok place.( we are big Nascar fans) The girl who checked us in was very nice, our room was on the first floor, its was a nice big room. We were exhausted so we watched the end of the All star race and went to bed. We got up the next morning and checked out, which was also a pleasant experience. We did not eat the free breakfast we went to Cracker Barrel instead, the breakfast area looked fine. It was a nice place to stop for the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to let us know how you stay was with us, We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoyed the Nascar event that was on tv. My front desk attendant that was on that night says "GO 24". I guess that was a Nascar joke, but again thank you and hope to see you soon.
Management
Pulaski, NY
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel had an online price of $80 but when I checked out it was $129.00. The room was ok. Sheets were clean. Upon entering room there were dirty tissues on the floor as well as an open yogurt. The shower was moldy and there was hair on the floor

Stayed April 2014
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to let us know how your stay was. I do apologize for the your experience with your room conditions. At Comfort Inn we strive to make each and every stay as comfortable and clean as possible. With our rating system the rates we have on line is our on line rate, to get that rate rooms have to be booked on line, our walk in rates are different, but I do apologize for how that may have been a little confusing for you. Again I apologize for your experience and if you decide to return we will give you our manager special, and hope your next stay will be much more enjoyable.
Managment

Travelers are raving about these Richburg hotels

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean. Comfortable. Has hot showers and a dark room to sleep in. Very welcome at midnight after hours of driving and far more appealing than its neighbors.

I'd stay again. The front desk got us checked in quickly and I was asleep within 10 minutes of parking. Some minor wear and tear but for the service offered it is very reasonable.

Stayed December 2013
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
We are so glad you took the time to let us know how your stay was. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return again to stay with us. We strive to make each and every stay with us and comfortable and welcoming as possible. Thank you again and hope to see you soon
Landover, Maryland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Inn was very clean but stuffy. However there was no security latch on the door. The bed was like a water bed or bouncing ball. We got no sleep and we woke in pain each morning. The location was good for where we were going. The staff was very professional and nice.

Room Tip: The room wasn't terrible but the bed was.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us at our Hotel. I extremely apologize for your restless night with us. I have reported the issue with the bed in the room in which you stayed to see if there were any problems with it. I am glad you enjoy my staff and the cleanliness of the room. We do hope you come back to visit us and hope your next experience will be very restful.
Management
Minerva, Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2013

On the up side: The rooms were spotless, the staff was more than accomodating and the rates were more than fair. On the down side: the air conditioner unit could have been less noisy and our keys could have worked at the end outside door..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your traveling time to let us know how your experience was with us. We really enjoy reading feedback from our guest whether it is good or not so good, it helps us strive to do even better job each time. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and my staff and I was glad to assist you with all your needs. I do apologize for the unit in your room having a loud noise and we have check it out and made improvements to it and for your key not working on the outside door thats taking care of. Again thank you for your response and hope to see you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very upset to have read this review awhile ago,cause we have stayed at this same hotel for years 0n our travel, we even drive 50 miles out of our way to stay here.We have been staying at this same motel for 5 yrs and we have never seen any of this go on and we have never had anyone knock at our door it is a nice guiet place for a good nights rest,and if ya get there early ya can swim in their elegant pool.Just a wonderfull place to stay.......But people i think someone must be upset or something but i challenge anyone to stay at this hotel it is the nicer hotel in that town and you will get the respect you deserve after a long drive.And for this hotel to be ranked at what it is....just unbelievable cause it should be number 1,just drive by the others there and you will see what i mean,maybe yet compare rooms with the others. thank you ...Debbie and william parker

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your response, Comfort Inn really appreciate your support in false comments directed toward our hotel. Your response means alot to us and we value you as repeat guest of our. On your next stay with us give me a call for your reservation and I will personally give you our manager special. As you know personally we strive to make every guest stay with us as peaceful and comfortable as possible. Again thank you for the support, and hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richburg
Days Inn Richburg
Quality Inn Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
#2 of 3 in Lancaster
Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!