“Trendy Thursday”

Cuisines: American
South Carolina
“Trendy Thursday”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a great evening out at Liflfred's. We happened upon Trendy Thursday and it was wonderful. On Thursday evening they offer a 4 course meal for $25. (now, that is just unheard of + it was delicious. We made a point of ordering different things. First course: beef medallions and seafood stew. Second course, we both had salad as the famous coleslaw is just not for us. Third course, Salmon (seafood of the day) and Steak. Fourth course was peanut butter//chocolate cake that was amazing. Service was very attentive. We will definitely go back and recommend to others.

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Alleycat0

Sumter, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had heard great things about this restaurant and so my actual experience was quite a let down. From the beginning, it seemed like I was in the middle of a high school home economics project.

The service was amateurish. The waitress was so unfamiliar with the menu that she screwed up my order resulting in a delay in getting served.

When my steak finally arrived it was fair but nothing great. I could have gotten basically the same thing at a place like Out Back for a lot less money.

The real disaster was the dessert. I ordered the red velvet cake. It was partially raw with the consistency of card board. I sent it back. Even the coffee was no good. It tasted like it had been burned.

I won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Weinberg3
“Not Recommended..”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Lilfreds was a great restaurant for many years. The food quality, taste and service have declined over the years, however tonights experience was the nail in the coffin. I can't explain our disappointment. The food and service was horrible. I can only blame the owner and chef whom I don't know. Restaurant Impossible episode badly needed, along with new chef, menu, service staff and management.

• Visited May 2013
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
“Very surprising gem in an Unexpected place!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed to see we had scheduled a business meeting out in the middle of nowhere. When I came upon the restaurant I had a very bad feeling because the outside of the building does not look like much. The building is very dated, but once you step inside they have done everything they can with the ambiance. The table was set very nicely. Our waitress was accommodating and very sweet. The room worked very well for our PowerPoint presentation, And was very conducive to an intimate gathering and conversation over the material.
All that being said, the food was the real highlight. We had the baked pimento cheese dip, which was amazing! Not to be missed if you come here. Several other appetizers were tried and were also very good.
My filet was perfectly prepared, with a lovely sauce. The Side dishes were all excellent especially the coleslaw. For dessert I had the crème brûlée which was fabulous! I don't know if I will ever have a reason to come back to Rembert South Carolina, but if I am anywhere close I will absolutely come here for dinner again!

3 Thank 656AnnG
Manning, South Carolina
“An Unexpected Gem!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiance surprised me by taking me to Lilfred's for dinner on Saturday and it was wonderful.
I did not quite know what to expect since Rembert is a very small town, but I was pleasantly surprised! The restaurant has been there since 1951, who knew? I didn't. It has a very romantic atmosphere, white linens, candlelight, etc. The only negative is that the rooms are small and you sit very close to other diners but the over all atmosphere is lovely and the food is so good and reasonably priced and an outstanding menu. You must try the pimento cheese appetizer with homemade croutons, yummy! And the shrimp dishes are fresh and good. Service was good and we were seated quickly with reservations and I do recommend getting reservations.

• Visited February 2013