“Not the friendliest place in town”

Old School Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Port Royal
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stopped by here for lunch, was not my first choice but nothing else seemed open. I had the Philly cheese steak sub which was satisfactory, the bread was very tasty with the right amount of crustyness and softness. But it is not a place where you feel welcome - I had the feeling that they really did not want to be bothered and the entire time I was there not one smile was directed my way but instead they were both rather grumpy. It was very uncomfortable. I was the only diner as it was in between lunch time and dinner time but I don't understand why one of the two people there could not make an effort to make me feel welcome. I would have enjoyed it more had I not felt as if I was intruding.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and daughter ordered pizza. There was grease floating on the top. Not impressed. Wish we had gotten Pizza Hut pizza

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

When I review a restaurant, I'm looking at the whole experience. The only thing saving Old School Pizzeria here is the amazing crust. Admittedly, I showed up close to closing time (7pm). However, I feel that the last customer should have as pleasant an experience as all of the rest. Anyway, the welcome I received when I walked in wasn't very welcoming. I chalked it up to being closing time and a long day for the employee/owner and hoped for good food. After browsing the menu quickly, I chose the meat stromboli. As I said earlier, the crust was great. Nice exterior crisp and a chewy interior. The rest of the stromboli? Not so much. The ingredients were bland and unimpressive. After hearing good things from friends, I was hoping for better. Unfortunately, Old School will not be on my return list.

1  Thank Kramer6492
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Old School Pizza is within a hairs breath of being the best pizza in Beaufort County. But it isn't just pizza...John makes a anti pasto and some hot cheese bread that will make you start thinking in Italian. Great food, nice folks. The cops eat there, so you know it is good. <ha ha ha>

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Small cute pizza place at the beginning of Port Royal. Pleasant waitress, pizza cook and general all around everything person. My 90 year old Mom loves pizza and she rated it very good. I enjoy pizza and I rated it okay. It is all about the sauce and this sauce is just average. The dough was very good and nice and light but the overall flavor of the pizza was just average. Neat little spot for a quick bite to eat in a quaint little town on the water near Beaufort.