“Hit or Miss Grill”

Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Port Royal
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We've had great and not so great food here - it depends how busy they are and who's cooking that day I guess. Last weekend they had a steady flow of patrons and the food was good. Of coarse if you are visiting the Marina its very handy. I love the scenic view of the water and the smell of the salt water marsh it borders.

2  Thank Stuart G

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Average food, poor service. One of two tables in the entire restaurant and the server wanted nothing to do with us. We were immediately given the check after receiving our food and we were planning on staying for a few drinks, but the server ignored us until we finally gave up trying to get her attention and just put the money on the table... She then came right over. Staff preoccupied having conversations amongst themselves.

1  Thank Katie K
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Back Porch Grill is my favorite go to place. The grilled Mahi Mahi salad with Parmesan peppercorn ranch is oh so yummy and my husband loves the burger. On nice days it's beautiful to sit on the back porch and watch the river. They are alway accommodating and friendly.

2  Thank Rownea35984
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch after spending the day in Beaufort. The reason I took a star away is because as a couple reviews have mentioned, we couldn't find the entrance and walked around a bit, but the server saw us and told us to sit anywhere. He recommended the burger and seafood, so we each got one. GET THE BURGER! It was one of the best pieces of food I've ever put in my mouth. We weren't even that hungry and I devoured the entire thing. I would go back to SC from MA just to get this burger.

2  Thank Trisha T
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Hi! We decided to give this place a shot tonight for dinner. First, we you arrive you are very unsure of how to enter the restaurant. No main door is marked with a sign. So we walked around a Sat down on the back porch. There was smoking around us and a group of young men sitting near us
They were cursing left and right. We got the impression that this place is a local hangout place and us outsiders felt very uncomfortable. We got up and left. We went do the street to Fat Patties and it was an great experience. I couldn't tell you about the food bc we never got any but the atmosphere is not suited to families.

3  Thank usckristy