“Great little spot...”
Review of Cypress Wetlands

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family stopped here on our way to Hilton Head. My two boys (9 and 6) enjoyed seeing all of the wildlife. It's a short walk, but tons to see.

All reviews
"boardwalk"
in 16 reviews
"binoculars"

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went here after going to the Rookery at the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine, Florida. There's no comparison! Of course, one has to pay to access the Alligator Farm rookery but the photo opportunities are so much better for folks having lenses that don't cost thousands. Still, for what it is, I can see it attracting locals but it could be so much more and attract tourists to Port Royal if they just had a couple branches off the main walkway that let folks get a bit closure to the rookery. As it stands now, my visit was a 1 time visit.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you want to see herons and egrets of all kinds, gators, wood ducks, ibis, bitterns and more without walking for miles, then this is the place. Easy walk on trail and boardwalk, and the wildlife is very close. Great place for wildlife photographers. Great job Port Royal!

1  Thank phillyf0lks
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Port Royal has done a great job building this preserve. I've been visiting regularly since early spring and watching the "babies" being born/hatching... wonderful variety of egret, heron, anhinga, gallinule, cormorant, predators, too many to mention. Turtles, frogs, alligators...the list goes on. A nice 1/4 mile walk around trail, platform with viewing lens. Bring your leashed pet if you like, LOTS of bug spray and binoculars & camera for sure!