“Not the greatest for sure”

Super 8 Port Royal/Beaufort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Royal
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I've never been to a hotel that doesn't bring you more towels when you ask for them, we asked a lady that worked there for more towels ( we had a large group for a marine graduation) and the woman responded "you can get them at the front desk" and proceeded to walk away. Our toilet seat was broken, they didn't put trash bags in the trash can, didn't empty the trash in one of our rooms and didn't change the sheets for the duration of our stay. In one of our rooms the tv remote didn't work. We had 5 people a room cramed into two rooms with two double beds and it's in a bad part of town, while walking down the street we were hollered at and honked at several times. When I asked for a comment card at the front desk I was told that they didn't have comment cards and I could go online to comment but when I went online there was no such thing. Overall it was a sufficiant place to stay and is close the the marine base but poor service and dingy rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Cak2526

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Pretty clean, carpets nee to be replaced (dingy), large rooms, semi-comfortable beds.
Nothing special, just another hotel. Safe and convenient.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I booked this hotel online through WynhamRewards. I checked TripAdvisor and decided to stay here. It was priced reasonably. When we pulled up, I was skeptical but turned out to be a comfortable stay. My complaints: musky room when we arrived(no air on), not enough washcloths(received a dirty one), and it was a little noisy(doors slamming, guests were loud-could hear conversations outside my door). My complements: nice comfortable bed, convenient to restaurants and Walmart, and easy check-in and -out.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We prepaid 53 dollars through Super8.com and for that price, you won't beat this. The non-smoking room was clean, comfortable, and smelled good. It appear to have been fairly recently renovated. There were minor issues: ice machine either broken, or run out by someone filling a cooler. Our room was not quite ready at check-in time. There were not enough towels in the room. However, all the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location is very convenient to Beaufort, Parris Island, and Penn Center, while Hunting Island State Park with its lighthouse and beach are about 20 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sergo
Reviewed April 26, 2008

had a nice experience. loved the bed, and the rooms are also very new with all the amanaties one need. nice,clean and comfortable. Highly recomanded.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ChicagoKnightrider
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Do not stay here!!!
If there is a problem the management is no help.
The manager let thugs stay at this hotel. The thugs fired a gun in the pool area around my daughter. We left when they did not contact authorities immediately fearing for our safety and got charged for an extra nights stay.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank afraidofsuper8
Reviewed September 7, 2007

This was the worst motel experience I have ever had. The letter I sent them was 2 full pages. I will do my best to condense my experience for this site. Our room wasn't ready until 3pm. One bar of
soap for 4 people. No shampoo. Stained & broken tiles in the bathroom
ceiling. While we went to dinner the staff went into my sister-in-law's room, packed up her belongings, which included her MS medicines
& cane, stole $30.00 worth of specialized food that she needed (which
we could not replace while there), and threw all her stuff into the laundry room. They told us they thought she had checked out and left her stuff behind. Because of this we never left anything in the rooms. The next day after the "maid" was "done" all she did was make the beds. No fresh towels, no shampoo again, and still just 1 bar of soap.

My sister-in-law did not feel safe so I had to spend the nights with her instead of my husband & kids. Continental breakfast consisted of donuts and juice, which you had to eat standing up. No Coffee! In the
parking lot was a filthy broken down van that had a man living in it.
We discovered that same man lying on my sister-in-law's bed watching TV when we came back from my son's graduation. All the motels and hotels in Port Royal are jam packed every week for graduations. We had no other place to go. The fact that they treat family members of new Marines like this is inexcusable.

Stayed: April 2006
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West
Quality Inn St. Helena
Quality Inn St. Helena
#1 of 1 in Saint Helena Island

Been to Super 8 Port Royal/Beaufort? Share your experiences!