“Wings, Wings, Wings!!! Still have to try the Ribs!”
Review of Carolina Wings & Rib House - CLOSED

Carolina Wings & Rib House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Port Royal, South Carolina
“Wings, Wings, Wings!!! Still have to try the Ribs!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Easy cost free parking and building access for those needing handicapped accessability and same for inside. Large dining area with easy access for wheelchairs. Mentioned these two items first as more people are traveling who require wheelchair accomodations and sometimes you" just get plain tired of having to leave the scene to feed the meter".

They have specials every nite of the week and regularly returning patrons so you know the food, the prices, and the wait staff are wallet friendly and very hospitable; they have both figure friendly and over-indulging finger licking menu.

Have a large bar area also both with bar and side-table seating and many on-tap beers. Wine and wellness drink prices are wallet friendly also.

Visited April 2013

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“An Okay Place”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food here is pretty decent but nothing out of the ordinary, nothing really special. But it's a good destination for a family with kids or for having a little business meeting in the back room. The atmosphere is essentially a sports bar and restaurant, with TV screens hither and yon, some which need to be turned down or turned off, particularly if you dislike distractions. The service is pretty good and pretty much as you'd expect, and most of the staff we've dealt with have been professional enough. The ribs aren't bad - I had the dry rub variety with some BBQ sauce on the side - and they're real thick, with meat that falls right off the bone, as they say. I prefer a little more substance, where you can take a bite without having the rack fall into pieces. Wings are okay, too. How some reviewers would consider this to be the "best food" ever is beyond me. The price is pretty normal - $20 for a half rack of ribs and some French fries, including tax and tip - which makes the value a little low. The salad bar is basic, just nominally okay. Now, there are lots of rib joints around the Lowcountry, some not so bad and some pretty darn good, so if I had a hankering for some ribs or wings (which aren't necessarily health foods, as you know), I'd check Tripadvisor first to find the best place possible. For example, the relatively new Palmetto Smokehouse down on highway 170 toward Bluffton is worth a try.

• Visited April 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“not going back”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

it took 45 mins for food to come out, and my wings came out cold! this place used to be good , but since buffalo wild wings s opened, its been bad.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Slow, poor service with food that is low in quantity and high in price.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The building looks nice from outside and ok inside.

I am writing this review as I am still sitting here. I was in a party of about 20, at 11:30 on a Monday...nobody else in the restaurant. It took over 45 minutes for one member's salad to come out. My wife ordered the salad bar... $7.99...which basically had lettuce, cheese, a couple of veggies, and croutons. Definitely not 7.99 worth of food even if you did go up multiple times (my wife didn't because it wasn't worth it). My buffalo chicken wrap was not very big (especially for 8.49) and while it didn't taste bad, it wasn't great either...mediocre at best.

This will likely be the last time I go to this restaurant, unless close friends that I trust tell me in the future that it is awesome.

“Best food, great service and overall wonderful atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've visited Carolina Wings several times and never had a bad experience! The food is delicious and the service was fantastic. It's a wonderful place to bring your family to eat and entertain! I love that it's a very well kept, clean restaurant and also very welcoming. I've had the opportunity to experience the nighttime dining as well and they had wonderful entertainment! You couldn't ask for better bartenders as they were all so very friendly and made me feel right at home! Overall I would say it is a very well managed restaurant and I will most definitely be dining in at Carolina Wings every chance I can get!