Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island
City Loft Hotel(Beaufort)
$169
$164
$219
Comfort Suites Beaufort(Beaufort)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton Inn Beaufort(Beaufort)(Great Value!)
$139
$70
$75
$72
QualityInn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 10, 2008

I was very disappointed with the condition of the hotel, the service and most of all the pricing. I ended up paying $120.00 a night for a hotel room that was valued at no more than $50.00. They took advantage of the fact that the USMC graduation was underway. The towels in the room were supposedly clean but there appeared to be some grease on them, the smoke alarm went off within minutes of our arrival (shocking us) then we disabled it and removed the battery. I called the front desk and they were to send someone to fix the problem. They never did and we stayed in their hotel 2 nights without a functioning fire alarm!!! The showers were hot and that was appreciated. They had a free continental breakfast which was okay. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Based on having seen a couple men working on their cars that were sitting on blocks in the parking lot, I should have know better, but I booked a room intending to stay one night. The room was in good condition and at a fair price. In the morning, I called the front desk and inquired about extending my stay for a second night at the same rate. It was no problem. When I left for the day, I informed the housekeeping staff that my room did not need any service. I initialed the housekeeping sheet to waive service and went on my way. When I arrived back at the motel later that night, I found that my suitcase had been searched and the stack of quarters I had sitting with my toiletries on the bathroom counter had disappeared. While I was lucky that my computer and camera equipment were not missing, I was still pretty upset that my personal effects were searched with intent to steal. I contacted the front desk, and the manager and assistant manager (who live on premises) came to my room with a sheet of paper in hand. I asked them to find out who came into my room while I was gone (since the rooms have key cards, they should be able to tell who the key that opened my door was assigned to, right?). They ran the report of when the door was opened and with which keys, and sure enough a housekeeping key had opened my door while I was out. However, they informed me that the housekeeping keys are not assigned to individual housekeepers, and it could have been any one of them. The manager also defended his housekeeping staff, asking how he could be sure that I wasn't lying. While the manager was out of the room running the report, he also called the Beaufort Police, and two officers accompanied him back to my room. The manager presented me with the sheet of paper he first brought up, which stated that I agreed to pay for the second night, and asked for my signature. I was pretty surprised, considering that his housekeeping staff had searched my belongings - I figured he would try to make amends, not demand that I pay more. I refused to sign the paper and the manager asked that I leave the motel. I willingly agreed, and when the manager and asst manager left the room, the officers told me that I really did not want to be staying at this motel anyway, and suggested a different motel just up the street (which was the same price, but the room was even better!). I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone - I have encountered poor customer service before, but none that involved having the police called. You can find much better service in Beaufort for the same price. Don't settle for this Days Inn.

• Stayed: August 2003, traveled solo
1  Thank accountantonthemove
Reviewed August 10, 2008

The place was in need of repair. The rooms smelled of urine. The only working ice maker was far from my room. The floor flooded after a shower. There was an altercation at the desk between the manager and a guest about the hotel putting another family in a room already assigned to the guest. Overall, I didn't like the atmosphere. I ended up only staying one night instead of two.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2008

We stayed at the Day's Inn for my nephews Marine grad. It was a very clean room. We stayed also in 2000 for my sons Marine grad. and they have made lots of improvements since then. Not alot of frills but it was, clean ,safe ,and mainly only Marine families were booked there.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gram2tyler
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending Marine Recruit graduation. I was pleasantly surprised after some of the reviews I had read regarding the hotels in Beaufort. Check in and check out was very quick and the desk staff were very helpful with information about local restaurants and directions.

The room was appropriate to the rates we paid. It was clean, and had a refrigerator, microwave oven, and cable television with HBO. There was an outdoor pool which was covered, so I can't comment on that. There is a breakfast diner next door and several restaurants within a short driving distance. They serve a complementary continental breakfast.

The best feature was it's proximity to the Marine base. The only complaint we had was that we smelled ciagaratte smoke several times one night that seemed to be coming from the rom next door.

Stayed: January 2008