“Horrible...Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Royal
Wilmington, Delaware
“Horrible...Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for my brother's marine graduation and my stay at this hotel was the worst part of the entire trip. When we made the reservation, we reserved two smoking and two non smoking rooms, and at check in they had given the non smoking rooms away and stated no smoking rooms were available. There was no stopper in the sink in my room and no soap in the bathroom. The next morning when we asked the hotel staff for a sink stopper. We were told it was safety hazard and again code and there was nothing she could do to help. However, in all of our family member's room's there were sink stopper. The batteries in the tv remote were taped in with electrical tape. The tv was having glitches and would go fuzzy every 15 mins before refocusing. I found a large cigarette hole burned through the comforter, and my sheets were covered in stains after housekeeping allegedly cleaned and changed the sheets. I found the rug soaking wet under the sink in front of the bathroom, and in the area in front of one of the beds in my room after returning from a day out and when I called the front desk for assistance they seemed confused of what I wanted them to do about the water. I was told water must have leaked from the room above me which had floored or had water problems earlier in the day. I went to the front desk to complain and the staff at night did not know what to do so she called the manager. The manager who I spoke with on the phone because there was not a manager at night to help with my dissatisfaction was rude and yelled at me for having a problem with the room. It was very unprofessional and he could not understand why I wanted a different room without a wet floor for the night. The manager was rude and told me if I didn't like it I could leave. Long story short, I did not pay for the second night I was there but I will NEVER stay there again and I will tell all the families I know do not stay there for usmc grad or any other occasion.

Room Tip: Room's at other hotels are cleaner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
sheilacastillo, Manager at Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues and concerns to my attention. Rest assured I will handle them personally.

Sheila Castillo
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Beaufort, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I took my family here over the weekend. For starters, there was NO toilet paper in the restroom. To make things worse, the water would not get hot. The remote control battery was dead but maintenance brought a new remote up. What I noticed is that the rooms near the pool with the king sized beds are better looking and much cleaner. If you want a comfy stay, don't get the rooms with the double beds. Looks as if they neglect those rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool side are much cleaner and much more comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Travelers are raving about these Port Royal hotels

Hampton Inn Beaufort
Hampton Inn Beaufort
#6 of 15 in Beaufort
Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21

Been to Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island? Share your experiences!