“Roach n the ice box”

Super 8 Piedmont Greenville Area
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Piedmont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The staff is not helpful. Motel stinks and not clean. A/cs are load. Lights only work when they want and beds are concrete slabs.

• Stayed July 2012
Mappsville, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I booked this hotel back in February. I found out a few days later they charged my credit card even though I wasn't staying with them until Memorial day weekend. My credit card company noticed the charge and figured it was fraudulant, so now my credit card was cancelled and reissued. Since I no longer had the same credit card, cancelling this reservation would have been a nightmare.
I arrive at the hotel around 5pm. Upon walking up to the front of the hotel I notice the blinds in two rooms appear to have been burnt. After checking in and verifying that they we're not going to charge my card again I begin to carry my luggage up the stairs to my room. About halfway up the stairs the heat hits me. I continue walking to my room I notice that the halls had not been vacuumed in a very long time. At this point I'm thinking I would like to checkout but I don't want to go through the hassle getting my credit card refunded. I get to the room and am relieved to see the room is cleaner than the hallway.
I have a double queen room, I notice that the two pillows on both beds are about an inch thick. I call the front desk and the desk clerk brings me two more pillows in about the same shape. I ask about the heat in the hallways because my AC in the room is struggling to cool down the room. The desk clerk found that the AC on my side of the hotel was frozen and turned up the AC on the other sided and called maintenance for the one on my side. Never was fixed while the night I was there. The best thing going for this hotel was the desk clerk sincerely cared and wanted to help, she just didn't have anything to work with. Breakfast wasn't much more than doughnuts and coffee. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Craigmilese

Travelers are raving about these Piedmont hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is a very nice hotel and the staff is great. It has big truck parking and the rooms are clean and the beds are pretty comfortable to. Free breakfast could be a little bit better but hey it is free so why complain. LOL!

Room Tip: it has BIG TRUCK parking
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
NYC
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Decided to stop after a long days travel. It was the only hotel on the exit. Decided to stay as I was to tired to continue to drive. Showered, slept & left. Bed was ok. There wasn't much to the Bfast offerings. I walked past it and left. Hotel needs a renovation to keep up with competition.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank drzeeb
NC
Reviewed September 25, 2008

This was the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced. I arrived at 10 pm after driving for 4 hours. The owner informed me that they over booked the hotel and had given my room away. I had booked this room a month in advance. She tried to send me to a Super 8 that was about 45 minutes to 1 hour away from this hotel. I attempted to find another room in the area. I eventually went back inside to room with someone else in my group. The owner told me that she never gave my room away. Upon arrival to room #210 there was an oscillating fan and no AC. It was hot and humid...suffocating in that room!! I returned the room key and was not charged for that room. I roomed with someone else in the group. The bathroom had mildew along the bathtub, cracked tile, and a leaking faucet. The "sleeper sofa" folded up on you no matter how you climed into it. The floor turned our socks and feet black. The couple directly below us argued and slammed doors all night. The night desk clerk did nothing about it. No phone book to call the police. The breakfast and coffee were old. Terrible!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CloggersMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piedmont
Best Western Plus Greenville South
Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center
Red Roof Inn Greenville
Red Roof Inn Greenville
#49 of 64 in Greenville

Been to Super 8 Piedmont Greenville Area? Share your experiences!