“Mixed Bag”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Florence, South Carolina
“Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My children wanted Mexican while on our vacation, and we had to drive 30 minutes to find Mexican. Based on the reviews we chose to go to Pancho's II. We ordered cheese dip, never received it but it did show up on our bill. The waitress acted like we were bothering her, but the manager made sure our tea glasses were full and we had chips at all times. My food and my son's food was very good, my husband didn't get what he ordered but said most of it was very good. My daughter ordered the kid's cheese quesadilla which was supposed to come with rice, but all she got was the cheese quesadilla and did not like it at all. I would go back if in the mood for Mexican the next time I'm in the area.

• Visited August 2013

Candler, North Carolina
“Will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently stumbled across Pancho's while in Pickens for the day. The menu is extensive, but very similar to our favorite Mexican restaurant in our hometown. Our waiter was friendly, prompt and spoke fluent English, we never went without chips or sweet tea. The chips and salsa were delicious--fresh salsa and warm, crisp chips. You do order by number but that's no problem. I had the fried chicken chimichanga and I really enjoyed it. The restaurant was bright and clean. We will be back next time we are in Pickens.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ErinBW
Pickens, South Carolina
“Panchos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place has good basic, americanized mexican food. Panchos I was terrible. But the cook must be better here. P-I almost turned off on mexican food period.

Visited February 2013
South Carolina formerly of Orlando
“Bueno”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Heehee .. couldn't resist. I like Mexican food what can I say. If you are looking for Tex Mex, go to one of the chain places. The staff is friendly and food good. The place could stand to be redesigned .. sorry .. lighten up the color of the walls, scrub the floors, remove all the booths, put in tables/chairs and remove any of the flair for wall decorations .. maybe put up some fantastic photos from where all the staff originated from ..

Visited December 2012
Pickens, South Carolina
“Pass it by”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I'm not much of a Mexican food eater but will give this review as fair as I can. First off the staff are horrible at understanding the English language. The only reason I keep coming back is some friends of mine like it. They order by the number from the menus but if you are daring and want to take the chance of a wrong order then order your specific meal choice. I tend to order all over the map to find what I like but have been disappointed. The ground beef always has a weird taste to it (not sure if it's old or flavored in a different way). Often times they get my order wrong as once I wanted chicken but was given beef but I'll eat it anyways as I do not like to send foods back to the kitchen. The staff do not check often enough to refill drinks or check to see if you need anything. When you try to catch a staff to ask for something they give you a "one minute" finger. You are not likely to see them to stop by again. When my friends ask where to go to eat, I'll often say anywhere other than Pancho's and it's left off the decision map.

• Visited August 2012