“Not bad!”

Cuisines: American
Franklin, North Carolina
“Not bad!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stopped here for dinner one evening while staying at the Table Rock resort. My wife had the Reuben sandwich, and I had the salad sampler. We had plenty to eat, and each of us took half of our meal home to eat the next day. I can't say it was gourmet fare, but it was fresh, tasty, and plentiful. Will go back there the next time we visit the resort, and have ice cream afterward! (They have a nice ice cream shop.)

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank JimS90

Greer, South Carolina
“Okay, but make sure you have plenty of time.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped here after a day of hiking. We had never stopped here before and I guess we should have known something was up when they have a sign on the table which says that they are not a fast food restaurant. Well, 35 minutes for a cheeseburger and country steak is a little to much. There was another table that came in 5 minutes after us and they were served before us! The food was okay, but unfortunately this will probably be the first and last time we will stop. I mentioned all of this when I paid and the lady said that they cooked everything to order. That's fine, but 35 minutes is just too long.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rblethun
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“you have to eat at Aunt Sue's”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate here on our only other trip to the area. it is cute and quaint and the staff couldn't be friendlier. Our waitress made a little mistake and she just couldn't forgive herself, but we did! The food was good and fresh.

Visited August 2013
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

All the entrees were freshly cooked and tasty. Portions were reasonably large. The waitress was very cordial and attentive. The string beans were southern style, i.e., overcooked for my taste. As warned by a sign on the table, the food is freshly cooked and therefore takes a while to come.

• Visited July 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good food in a country ambience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We didn't realize it was open, as we drove by. My friend suggested we turn around and check it out. Well, we weren't disappointed. We were seated quickly and ordered our food. If you aren't in a hurry, this is a good place to dine. Even though it wasn't crowded, we noticed that the sign on the table said that food is freshly prepared and if they were "slammed" it could take 20 minutes. It did take more than that but we weren't in a hurry.

The roast beef philly cheese steak sandwich was juicy, hot, and a little messy to eat, but was very tasty and good. Home made chips were excellent. My classic patty melt on rye bread with swiss cheese, grilled onions and flavorful, juicy, thick burger was grilled to perfection, with nice brown, crispy rye bread... the way it should be. Wait staff was quick and friendly.

Perhaps they could use another cook in the kitchen to speed things up. After all, this is a tourist area, and they want to eat quickly and get back on the road. Since we live nearby, in Greenville, it's not that big of a deal. Aunt Sue's is definitely worth a trip back, and we certainly recommend it. BTW, the ice cream is to die for!

• Visited June 2013