“AN ABSOLUTE GEM!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickens
Laurel Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Pickens B&B and Inns
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“AN ABSOLUTE GEM!!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Don't be misled by the gravel driveway leading to this motel. This small (5 total rooms) is one of those gems you find quite by accident.
As stated above, there are five rooms---and each room shows the love that the owner and small staff showers on the guest and rooms. Our room was average size, with very nice furniture and a great bed. The bed had a Beanie baby and chocolates on the pillow---the chocolate was free, the Beanie baby could be purchased for $6.00.
The room was ulta clean---probably the cleanest I have ever been in.
The view from the front porch is great---looking out to Table Rock Mountain, and about a hundred yards from the entrance to the Tabke Rock Park. Nice place to sip some wine, with cheese and bread. This is a perfect location for a romantic get-a-way.

Room Tip: I will stay two nights the next time we are there---you need that much time to explore Table Rock Pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank harmum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
LA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Laurel Mountain Inn is a great place to stay. The place and area is peaceful and clean. I would stay here again if or when I am in the area again. The owner is helpful, very nice and service is great. She knew were were riding motorcycles and left a towel in each room to wipe the bikes off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am a chronic complainer, and the only complaint I have is that there is absolutely nothing to complain about. The room was large and immaculate. The bathroom was large and looked brand new. The patio chairs had been replaced by larger ones that perfectly fit my rather wide gluteus maximus. The view was perfect of Table Rock, which was right across the street. If you are a resident of South Carolina, I would advise getting the yearly state park pass for 75.dollars. There are a bunch of state parks in the immediate area you won't want to miss. There are beeyoooteefull waterfalls in abundance in the area. Every Friday night there is a really neat bluegrass concert in nearby Pumpkintown(really it's name is Pumpkintown) that is a real hoot. Our innkeeper, Sherry, made us feel like we were guests in her home instead of strangers checking into a big box hotel. There are only 5 rooms at this inn which made for a unique and totally unexpectedly cozy experience. We recommend Cendy's for breakfast. Very rustic but very reasonable and homey. For dinner we recommend the Gatehouse in nearby Pickens. We had a great time and highly recommend the Laurel Mountain Inn to one and all.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an excellent view
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ben b
New Castle, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Clean, inexpensive and located in a beautiful area to kick off your hiking!
We stayed here to save some money and heat up our dinner we brought from home.
Would recommend this place to value conscience travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for several nights, using it as a base for a variety of activities along the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway. The room was very clean and attractively furnished, though I when I was there, I spent much of my time on the porch chair, enjoying the woodland setting and conversations with other guests. Room was equipped with microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot. The innkeeper was welcoming and suggestive of places to eat, for which a bit of travel is required, typically to Pickens, about a dozen miles away. I had a great relaxing stay and will be quick to stay here again when next I travel these roads.

Room Tip: All rooms face Table Rock, but the tree canopy have just rooms B & C allowing the view through t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Trailsign
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The facility is a simple motel with side by side rooms facing wooded grounds. On the good side, the location is convenient for visiting nearby state parks. The rooms are very nicely furnished and are a good value, especially considering the location. We had two reasons for dissatisfaction. Our particular room had a damp musty smell at the time we were there and we felt the nature of the facility had been excessively hyped on the website. It was not what we would think of as a "resort" motel despite the location because it had no facilities or activities other than the rooms. Also the description "newest and finest" led us to expect a new and elegant facility which this certainly was not. Had the facility been more candidly described and the room been odor free, we would have happily given the facility a higher rating.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tgire
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've stayed twice at this inn, and both times I've been impressed with how well Sherry cares for her guests and how beautiful and clean and comfortable the five rooms are, complete with refrigerator, microwave, and chocolates on the pillows at night. Sherry offers lots of information about where to go in the area. The property is calm and peaceful and set within a stand of trees, through which you have a great view of Table Rock. Sherry is attentive to every detail. I'll stay here every time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickens
Quality Inn
Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest
Sunset Motel
Sunset Motel
#1 of 4 in Brevard

Been to Laurel Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!