“Horrible over priced.”

Gatehouse Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 39 Restaurants in Pickens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband kids and I went here for the first time on Friday night and I was really excited to try it. I have never been more disappointed. We ordered the pimento cheese dip appetizer and it came out with maybe 10 pita "chips" while the dip was very good and a good portion there was no where near enough chips. When we asked about more there was an extra charge for them. I ordered a steak and while cooked correctly it wasn't a quality steak for the price I was paying and the baked potato came only with butter and sour cream. My husband had the shrimp and grits and they too where subpar and contained only a small amount of grits with a far amont of shrimp and my husband says they tasted nasty. My son had a burger which he said was good and other the other guest with me said his chicken fingers where ok but the fries where nasty. We ordered apple crepe for desert and it was ok the crepe was really chewy. I have to say this is one place my family will not visit again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lunch during the week and on Sunday is excellent,(lunch special menu is a great buy) sometimes a little long on the wait for the food...The salads from time to time can use a little TLC. The soups are great, the variety and taste of the sandwiches are very good(the gatehouse club, cubano and the Reuben I highly recommend. The shrimp and grits at night was excellent and the steak was not bad...(a little over done the night I had it but a beautiful piece of meat...The tea is the best in town...The decor inside and atmosphere are really good...I wish the Gatehouse good fortunes and look forward visiting in the future... I really like not having to drive out of town for a little upscale meal....

2  Thank sdhendric
Reviewed October 25, 2013

GateHouse offers a wide variety of delicious food for lunch and dinner. The food is all fresh and perfectly seasoned. The wait staff is polite and efficient. The restaurant is decorated beautifully as well. I am thankful to have a wonderful place to eat in Pickens County. You will not be disappointed when you visit!!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

food was great. service was great. My family and i cant wait to go again. thinking of booking future parties with work also.

1  Thank lorie r
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The food is very good, a little on the pricey side but good. The service is outstanding. Very nice atmosphere to enjoy a great meal.

1  Thank Teresa S