“Pleasant atmosphere, but boring food”
Review of 1826 On the Green

1826 On the Green
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Anderson, South Carolina
“Pleasant atmosphere, but boring food”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My friend and I lunched there yesterday. The restaurant is comfortable, plain-looking, with outdoor seating as well as very limited indoor seating. Our waiter was attentive and pleasant. But the food was boring; nothing to "write home to Mom" about. My friend had the strawberry salad and found the equivalent of one strawberry cut up and spread over the salad. Otherwise, it was a fairly boring greens salad with some walnuts. I tried the chicken breast; it came on a pretzel roll, but that was too much food for me, so I didn't try the roll. The chicken couldn't have been less tasty; absolutely nothing to recommend it. The sweet potato fries were the highlight of the meal. They were actually quite tasty, and we shared and enjoyed those. I realize Pendleton offers few restaurant choices, and I think this could become a destination restaurant if they hired a chef who put some pizazz into the food. The list of desserts sounded interesting, so maybe the chef is more of a baker than a cook. But we won't be bringing our friends or spouses here to give it another try.

1 Thank Linda H

Tennessee
“Impressed”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Family and I ate there the day of the Kentucky Derby. The setting is quaint in an old house in the center of the town. The house looks large on the outside, but had a small dining area inside, complementing a large outdoor seating area. Obviously a popular spot and I would advise to get a reservation. Food was delectable and as you would expect, Southern. I have no problem recommending this restaurant and will hurry back if I'm in the area.

1 Thank BruceofTennessee
Orlando, Florida
“Quaint charm in the heart of Square”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had business lunch there and it was quite delightful. It is small and intimate and would be great for romantic dinner. Also offers outdoor seating.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank eligadd
SC
“2 stars for poor service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place might have ok food but they get 2 stars for poor, inattentive service. Unfortunately, food allergies are taken too lightly.

1 Thank SCarolina
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
“Dining Delight”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We have been very pleased with every dining experience we have had here over the past several months. The food is fresh, prepared well and a good value. The specials including the drink special are always creative and delicious. The wait staff aim to please. All of this in a quaint surrounding.

• Visited April 2014