Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great golf Good Food

If you are a golfer then this is one of the courses you Should play while visiting the Grand... read more

Reviewed April 20, 2019
LJinSC
SC
Solid 4 stars-3 Bedroon condo- 40A

We stayed for 2 nights. Check-in is at a seperate location about 10 minutes away. Our 3 bedroom 3... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2018
ebonyeb
Durham, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews pro shop grand strand sand traps condo courses bart golf porch clubs rounds management
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

This course is on the same estate as the Caledonia Golf & Fishing Club. It is a good course except for the very large bunkers which you have a local rule that you can drive your buggy through. The course is picturesque and has plenty of water and great holes.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Fun to play. You frequently have to choose how much of dog leg to try and cut off. Rough is mostly sandy waste area that you drive through. Great greens that are fast but a true roll.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Golf course challenging but pace of play very slow and no marshals! Greens are true and nicely contoured. Food service is average in a dated clubhouse. Clubs not cleaned after the round.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed September 26, 2016

To start I have an index of 14 so an average player but long ball golfer. Our group played this course in late September. We played 3 days after a week of rain. I live in southeast NC so I understand how much rain they have gotten in the week before our arrival. However, this course does not drain quickly. There were small lakes in the wooded areas but most of all, every, yes every bunker was a disaster. I have some photos to give you an idea. Some had ponds in them, most had a layer of mud and all were washed out. Also this course doesn't give you a clue as to what each hole is presenting. There is a minuscule useless map on the back of the scorecard. As I first time player of this course I no idea what was beyond any hill for example or the distances to clear obstructions. It is a must to have a guide from the pro shop or an app that gives you an overview of the hole. Given that and my limited ability I visited many of the traps. No fun. Do not play this course after a period of rain unless you stay on the fairways and greens. They were in very good shape. The staff is very pleasant and our lunch after golf was good at the clubhouse.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

One of the best conditioned golf course in the area and there's a lot to choose from, unlike it's sister course Caledonia this is a shot makers course where each hole is a challenge. With several tees to choose from its worth a trip.

Date of experience: June 2016